Ripstop Nylon tape

Morrunya

I prefer the CA glue repair method.

Apply some Scotch tape carefully on the front of the sail, aligning the fabric as closely as possible.

Take your time to get the rip closed and wrinkle free. Do it on a clean, flat surface.

It wouldn't hurt to do a few practise runs on a piece of scrap first.

Now take a bottle of CA glue and run a very thin line over the rip on the back of the sail. Don't blob it on, but be sure that you run a thin bead along the tear and a bit of each side of the rip. Don't touch it, let it dry thoroughly.

It's better to use too little glue than too much.

Let it dry completely- don't touch it or move the sail until the glue dries.

Once dry, carefully peel the tape off the front of the sail. Done right, it's as strong as new and virtually invisible.

How long does it take for this stuff to dry?
Good question! The last time I did it, I left it an hour or so and it was done. Maybe do it at night before bed time and it will certainly be cured and ready to fly when you wake up.

I did Dave Bs kite a few weeks ago the same way Steve B has explained.You cant find it now[the tear i mean :blue_blush: ].It was a fine slice about an inch long.We left it about 20mins.Dave Loves me even more now.

BRIAN..ps,sorry for calling ya Derek Watty :blue_wink:

• 3 weeks later...

I went and fixed up a little rip on Primrose with some sticky ripstop. Wish I hadn't now as the superglue sounds a much neater method. If I removed the sticky ripstop any one have any bright ideas of how to clean the glue off the sail. I have visions of a sticky patch covered in dirt.