iQuad Rev Clinic (UK)

KiteLife

Please answer, if you would...  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending the clinic?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Not at all
  2. 2. What are you primarily interested in learning?

• General control & hovering
    • Reverse flight
    • Side slides (upright or inverted)
    • Clockwork turns
    • Light wind flying
    • Team flying
  3. 3. Will you have 120' lines (40 meters) on hand?

• Yes
    • No

As Felix says they are aiming for about 50 'experienced and invited' flyers at Bristol.

Would the other free-flying rev folk (outside the arena) also be accounted for in these numbers at Bristol ?

(obviously not for the organized display bit)! :w00t:

Regarding the rev clinic who knows how many will turn up ?

Surely it is quality not quantity when we are having lessons (?) ;)

Hi Choccy,

We 'have' 50 fliers for the Bristol event. We will try to accommodate additional 'experienced' fliers in the event that there is space.

Felix

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Record is 48, set in Tokyo last October... 30 is the most we've ever had up here in North America.

I'd expect to see well over 50 at both Bristol and Uchinada.

Choccy, clinic will be a rippin' good time, with 2 people or 20! ;)

Andy,

Please see the other thread.

We are looking at 50 fliers at Bristol but the 'record' is not the main interest.

Okay - being undeniably thick here, but would you please post a link to the thread that says how many participants are signed up to the Portsmouth *clinic*? I guess I confused the issue mixing comments on numbers flying with clinic numbers *sigh*.

TIA

Got your registration, thanks Jonesey!

120's are not mandatory to participate in the clinic, but will come in handy for team flying... I'd suggest you get some though, you'll probably wish you had 'em. ;)

Yeah, 120's are a good idea because it seems like EVERYBODY has them these days. I couldn't fly with iQuad because I only had 85's, but I just ordered a set of 120's now so I'll be all set with flying in May at Wildwood. Now I just need to work on my mad skills (or lack there of). Have fun at the clinic.

Yeah, 120's are a good idea because it seems like EVERYBODY has them these days. I couldn't fly with iQuad because I only had 85's, but I just ordered a set of 120's now so I'll be all set with flying in May at Wildwood. Now I just need to work on my mad skills (or lack there of). Have fun at the clinic.

Thanks....

Thought I was going to make it 24 hours without buying something fro my rev bag!! should have known better! 120's ordered ..

Hey Ho its only money ... the kids can have shoes next month

If you had made your own, rather than jumping in feet first and ordering them, then you could have used the off cuts to make new laces for the kids old shoes....

Money saved both ways.

Or could just keep flying with you until you to leave a set behind.. Mr forgetful ....

p.s. used your stake today .. might just hold that to ransom for a set of 120's!

Yes, but not Western Union! I also rent out golf ball stakes for just £8/week ;)

In reality I was stupid enough to leave my stake and stacking lines on the field last time Jonesey and I met up, and he was kind enough to find them and pick them up for me.

Dont see you geting those back then. He recons he needs stuff more than me, so suppose he will need your stake and lines more than you!! :mf_swordfight:

He Baloo what about I sent you Sailors Stake as partial compensation in case you win the 'special' and feel obliged to give it to me??

Alternatively it is Sailors birthday so I could just wrap it up and give it back!

p.s. got my 6th new kite in as many weeks since starting Rev flying ... so reeeeeaaaly dont need anymore kit for now. (feel free to remind me I said that next week)

Great! Presumably the 17 will be in addition to Felix's teams, so could be added to his team totals for the mega-gargantuan fly?

The clinic is after the weekend and it really would not be sensible for 'beginners' to attempt to be involved in the Mega Team effort!

At Berck it was clear that those taking part had a 'certain' level of experience.

Felix

The clinic is after the weekend and it really would not be sensible for 'beginners' to attempt to be involved in the Mega Team effort!

At Berck it was clear that those taking part had a 'certain' level of experience.

Felix

let me get this right Felix only people you feel fit can fly in the mega team?but arn't we going for a rev fly record numbers of kites up at once,nothing fancy just lines and lines of revs in the air?

how do you know what peoples skills are? :confused!: I have 15 years experiance rev flying does this count?ok my flying is not as some will say 'normal' and I get through sal after sails on the revs but I fly for fun and put my revs through hell,but then I do have a brand new b-series and 120' lines waiting for a chance at being involved with something special...... :kid_smartass:

let me get this right Felix only people you feel fit can fly in the mega team?but arn't we going for a rev fly record numbers of kites up at once,nothing fancy just lines and lines of revs in the air?

how do you know what peoples skills are? :confused!: I have 15 years experiance rev flying does this count?ok my flying is not as some will say 'normal' and I get through sal after sails on the revs but I fly for fun and put my revs through hell,but then I do have a brand new b-series and 120' lines waiting for a chance at being involved with something special...... :kid_smartass:

Yeah .. what Skunky said..

Not feeling particularly 'encouraged' right now!