20th Anniversary Event

DWayne

I was wondering if Revolution Kites is planning a 20th Anniversary event? It seems to me there should be a 20th Anniversary event on some California beach this spring or summer. This event should also include breaking the North American & World Mega Fly records. That would be a nice 20th Anniversary present for the good folks at Revolution Kites.

If one isn't already in the works we should get started organizing one. I've never put anything like this together but am more than willing to help in any way I can.

Denny

I was wondering if Revolution Kites is planning a 20th Anniversary event? It seems to me there should be a 20th Anniversary event on some California beach this spring or summer. This event should also include breaking the North American & World Mega Fly records. That would be a nice 20th Anniversary present for the good folks at Revolution Kites.

If one isn't already in the works we should get started organizing one. I've never put anything like this together but am more than willing to help in any way I can.

Denny

Yes it is Portsmouth or Bristol UK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denny

Denny

It's not a "Rev" event, but I think Kite Party will be as close as it will get in California. The first few years there were very few Revs, mostly dual line sport kites at KP. Year before last it was about half and half. Last year it was about 75%. Revs are becoming very popular.

Last year we had a 16 Rev Mega Fly at KP. This year we could break the 29 they had a few weeks ago at Treasure Island, FL. I'm not going into just who is coming, but with iQuad, a large group from the mid-west, several from all over California, others from Washington, Oregon, Canada, as well as the east coast, there could well be 30 or more Rev fliers.

This is probably the best time to assemble a large group of Rev fliers on the west coast as there is little or nothing going on elsewhere to draw them.

Uchinada (Japan) is also hosting a 20th anniversary celebration, far as I know. ;)

Would be nice to see one in the USA though.

Since Rev is a California company it would be nice to have the biggest 20th Anniversary event here in California. It's not like there's a shortage of beaches or good breezes here. :P It needs to be scheduled for a time and place that's convient to everyone. Especially the good folks at Rev. ;)

Denny

A part of the reasoning behind the Bristol event is that its ALSO the 20th anniversary of The Decorators, the kings of quad team flying.

But, ya, cali would be good too. Berkeley perhaps?

Berkeley would be a good choice. It gives people enough time to plan on being there if they hadn't already.

Maybe The Decorators would like an excuse to come visit California. :P

Berkeley would be a good choice. It gives people enough time to plan on being there if they hadn't already.

Maybe The Decorators would like an excuse to come visit California. :P

Heh! what are the dates? We've been waiting for the invite!

We did get to WSIKF way back but only as a 4 person team...

Felix

The trick is getting the funds and time to start an event from scratch (i.e. San Diego), versus setting up within an established event (like Berkeley).

San Diego would be ideal, but I don't know that anyone wants to take the lead on raising funds, securing permits, yada, yada, yada.

At Kite Party, space is at a premium... A 20th Rev festivity would definitely take up some major space, so that pretty much leaves Berkeley or WSIKF.

Alas, iQuad and Too Much Fun won't be at WSIKF this year, due to the UK trip.

Seems to be narrowing down...

The trick is getting the funds and time to start an event from scratch (i.e. San Diego), versus setting up within an established event (like Berkeley).

San Diego would be ideal, but I don't know that anyone wants to take the lead on raising funds, securing permits, yada, yada, yada.

It is just a dream. Maybe! Someday!

It is so nice to be a Dreamer!

At Kite Party, space is at a premium... A 20th Rev festivity would definitely take up some major space, so that pretty much leaves Berkeley or WSIKF.

Alas, iQuad and Too Much Fun won't be at WSIKF this year, due to the UK trip.

Seems to be narrowing down...

I just talked to Tom @ The Berkeley Kite Festival and he said he'd love to have this event there. He even said he'd kick in free dinner cruise tickets for The Decorators if they show up. ;)

The good folks at Rev are looking at their calendars now so maybe we can make this happen @ Berkeley. B)

Denny

I just talked to Tom @ The Berkeley Kite Festival and he said he'd love to have this event there. He even said he'd kick in free dinner cruise tickets for The Decorators if they show up. ;)

The good folks at Rev are looking at their calendars now so maybe we can make this happen @ Berkeley. B)

Denny

Hi Denny,

I do not think that we are in a position to 'show up' without serious financial assistance.

What is the dinner cruise?

Best wishes

Felix

Felix, dinner cruise... Boat ride w/dinner, around the San Francisco Bay, great sightseeing.

Ah, I see, having looked at the map. Sadly I do not think that funds are available!

I will be Uchinada. This time I will make sure to fly on the Saturday even though it is not part of the formal event.

In 2004 we visited the site on the Saturday and met with Roger and Janice Maddy. On the Sunday morning before the opening ceremony was completed a weather front arrived and it started to rain and blow a gale. It was still raining at about 10:00pm as I recall.

Felix