East Coast Rev Clinic Wildwood,NJ

ubrokeit

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to echo everybody thoughts about having a great time meeting people, learning to fly Revs better, and just having fun!!

Thanks to Ant and Daniel for letting me try their stacks (that was fun!) and to all the peeps who helped me (twice) untangle the frigging lines.

Also, it was fun to "flick" without the "flack" with Ang....

Hope to see all of you soon,

Joe

WOWWWWWW,what a REV tastic weekend.THANKS to EVERYONE who attended and helped out.

All the pics and movies are being uploaded as I lay my head down and finally get some well deserved rest.

Looking forward to another East Coast Rev Clinic in the fall,so keep a lookout for the dates.

Brad

Hey Brad....

Did you have sweet dreams? You should have....it was a sweeeeeeet time. :sign_kitelife: .

Here's the link for all of the photos and a few video clips of the team fly... http://Community.webshots.com/album/562900638Myfltb

Any chance I could recruit one of you fine individuals to write up a report on this event for Kitelife?

Would sure love to give the event some more coverage, but we'd much prefer to see it from a student's standpoint. ;)

Please, please, please, let me know!

Hi...

If no one else wants to do it, I can give it a shot...if you can give me a few guidelines to follow... :kid_content:

Ok, what do you remember from the wisdom of our fearless teachers?

Some of what I remember...

Hold my hands lower.

Steer with the trailing edge of the kite (like a rudder).

Flick Flack, step towards kite and then apply a hard reverse with thumbs forward, repeat.

Small movements for everything.

Practice with drawing a square. Rise up to top left of box normally and stop, turn right fly to right corner and stop, fly inverted to bottom right corner and stop, turn facing left, fly to bottom left corner and stop.

When flying perpendicular to the ground pull back on the handle for the upper wing, this gives lift to the kite.

Try not to make thunking sound when you hit the ground at the bottom right of a figure eight (my specialty).

So, what else do people remember?

-Alden

When pumping the kite for light wind make sure you are moving backwards (at the same time) so you can have a perpetual launch pull. Ok. I don't know if I explained it right. But it makes sense to me. :)

You only need a little tension to control the speed of float. (gentle & smooth)

Take some time to watch how your kite is responding to your inputs.

Get ready for the re-match of JB vs Tram.

If I recall: TRAM 1 JB 0

Hey proof it happens to all of us :)

Howdy all,

I just finished reading about the weekend and I am now totally sick to my stomach that me & Lynz couldn't make it. Looks like it was a great time with great people...next time right?

Brad, JB, & Steve...glad I caught you guys in Philly on Monday night. I went back to the Logan Circle fountain on Wednesday morning with a set of 20's...a little too short for me, but it was fun. I made up a set of 30' LPG lines last night at work for some Philly street flying...hehe.

j

btw, me & Lynz have been running down to Brigantine, NJ lately. We are trying to make it down once a week or so. If anyone is interested in joining please drop a line. Blue skies.

Yeah, I'm sick that I missed it too, but my Aunt and Uncle in laws had a suprise 50th wedding anniversary in Philly, and they are not getting younger, so I had to go. It is a bit far for me too, like 4 hours drive one way, but I hope to see and fly with you all at Wildwood, the end of May, and hope nothing comes in my way for the fall rev clinic.

yea guys it would have been great to have you there for more east coast rep.. but nevertheess it was a great weekend and oc md is comeing up .. i truely think wildwood is going to be like old times again where more sport fliers were out doing their things.,.and showed up in big numbers.. with more rev fliers in my area then ever before :kid_devlish: im counting down to ww .... bring it on

yea guys it would have been great to have you there for more east coast rep.. but nevertheess it was a great weekend and oc md is comeing up .. i truely think wildwood is going to be like old times again where more sport fliers were out doing their things.,.and showed up in big numbers.. with more rev fliers in my area then ever before :kid_devlish: im counting down to ww .... bring it on

Looks like there's going to be a mini Rev army in Wildwood in May, Ant! Wooo Hooo!

Where's everybody staying?

Hey Everyone!!!

I want to post a blanket apology to all of you who have emailed or PMed me. I've had a rough week.

We got home Monday afternoon to a dead llama. (We found out Sunday just before leaving that he had died.)

It took until Thurs night to get him buried. (a llama requires a big hole.....many hrs of digging)

Anyway, I finally got to rest yesterday after work and I was exhausted!!

Tonight, I will answer those PMs and I will post my pics either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for understanding.

Melanie

Ok, what do you remember from the wisdom of our fearless teachers?

Some of what I remember...

Hold my hands lower.

Steer with the trailing edge of the kite (like a rudder).

Flick Flack, step towards kite and then apply a hard reverse with thumbs forward, repeat.

Small movements for everything.

Practice with drawing a square. Rise up to top left of box normally and stop, turn right fly to right corner and stop, fly inverted to bottom right corner and stop, turn facing left, fly to bottom left corner and stop.

When flying perpendicular to the ground pull back on the handle for the upper wing, this gives lift to the kite.

Try not to make thunking sound when you hit the ground at the bottom right of a figure eight (my specialty).

So, what else do people remember?

-Alden

OWN YOUR HOVER :kid_smartass:

The total count of attendees was a whopping 28 people plus 2 instructors. WOW....Who ever thought that this was going to be such a great Event.

As i sit on a train heading to dc for a kite fest this weekend,I'm glad that this week is over......

I have just completed my first event .Can i hear an amen....

I'm in the planning stages for what may be the biggest event of kiting .It will be one to remember.

Will keep everyone posted as it comes.

Great pics everyone.

Thanks again to all :clap2:

Without your support this would of not happened.

As I sign off saying

There's a new EVENT organizer in town and his name is Brad

baz i got nothing but love for ya my man you know that....john b if you want me to do it i can .. it was in my hometown .. just tell me what i gotta do

Right back at ya Ant.

See you in Wildwood.

I'm sure by then we will have another excuse to hit you! ..........The suns shinning....it's dark...it's light

Bazzer

The total count of attendees was a whopping 28 people plus 2 instructors. WOW....Who ever thought that this was going to be such a great Event.

As i sit on a train heading to dc for a kite fest this weekend,I'm glad that this week is over......

I have just completed my first event .Can i hear an amen....

I'm in the planning stages for what may be the biggest event of kiting .It will be one to remember.

Will keep everyone posted as it comes.

Great pics everyone.

Thanks again to all :clap2:

Without your support this would of not happened.

As I sign off saying

There's a new EVENT organizer in town and his name is Brad

Just let me know when and where, I'll be there ready, willing, and able :confused!: ...we'll see about that part :sign_kitelife: .