Washing your rev

Morrunya

I know that the normal way to wash your rev sail after a long day of flying is to just rinse it off, but has anyone ever tried putting it through the washing machine and dryer? Would this cause anything to happen to the colors, or cause the edges to fray or anything? I just randomly thought about this, (Because my brain just works like that) a day or two ago, I thought that after a long week of kiting, It might be nice to through it through the cycle to get it all squeaky clean.

I know that the normal way to wash your rev sail after a long day of flying is to just rinse it off, but has anyone ever tried putting it through the washing machine and dryer? Would this cause anything to happen to the colors, or cause the edges to fray or anything? I just randomly thought about this, (Because my brain just works like that) a day or two ago, I thought that after a long week of kiting, It might be nice to through it through the cycle to get it all squeaky clean.

Stick with cool fresh water and a soft spounge. ;)

Denny

AH ...........................no! :ghostrider_h4h:

If the sail is really dirty you can clean it using Woolite. A really mild detergent. Make a solution in a bucket and apply with a sponge. Rinse well with lots of water.

You will be happy with the results.

If it is just dusty from the beach ....Just use water.

Get the grit out of the end caps and spars.

Towel dry the sail and let dry naturally.

Bazzer

hi all.

my method, run bath with warm water, add some baby shampoo, take out spars, give kite a good wash in bath, take out of bath, turn on shower and rinse then hang to dry over shower rail.

end result a kite that is clean and smells nice to boot.

never had any probs doing this.

all the best steve.

hi all.

my method, run bath with warm water, add some baby shampoo, take out spars, give kite a good wash in bath, take out of bath, turn on shower and rinse then hang to dry over shower rail.

end result a kite that is clean and smells nice to boot.

never had any probs doing this.

all the best steve.

Me too, works a treat. I had a spare vented sail that, thought had seen better days, I had offered it to a friend but thought I would freshen it up first, did exactly as you do and once it had dried out it looked almost as good as new and I began to have second thoughts. Still a promise is a promise and maybe I will get my reward in the next life.

Wouldn't use anything stronger than baby shampoo though and even then only very sparingly.