Brand new, limited edition Gibian Revs!

KiteLife

Need I say more?

Ron Gibian + Revolution = WOW!

These are some of the most stunning kites ever made... I've seen them first hand at the Berkeley Kite Festival this past July, don't miss out!

http://revkites.com/products/gibian.htm

Only 5 of these will be available, each one of a kind, and they're available exclusively, direct from Revolution Kites!

post-2-1170971876_thumb.jpg

post-2-1170971880_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use anywhere from p-90s to P-400s for the leading edge

(w/4 inch solid carbon ferrules).  The center spar is cut down, so the 2 outside tubes can be full length of 32-1/2")

with a discontinued down spar called a "Response 12"

(these tubes can be cut down to Rev length or just extend the elastic shock cords slightly longer to accomadate the longer tube length) used regardless of the wind strength.

Personally speaking, . . . the Skyshark tubes are significantly cheaper & more durable compared to anything else I've tried.  I buy the blemished ones in bulk, whenever they are available.

The replacement bridle is a modified RYV 1.6 model, built closer to the sail with a pretty tight attachment at the center.  The hinge portion is also much tighter & reinforced.  The bridle is specially designed to allow a field recovery (in no wind conditions) with the leading edge inverted.  

The knots incorporated are small and tight so there's nothing to catch upon during slack line tricks.  The bridle board I use is designed for 100# hi-test bridle line.  I highly recommend this material, because it's easy to tie & untie.  The board demands you tie each knot perfectly before it allows you to go to the next step.

Tuning adjustments are available by slipping a towpoint knot forward or back on the attachment point loops of the bridle.  I like to have it "close to tuned properly", regardless of what size handles I choose during set-up of the kite.  Then minute adjustments can be finalized at the handles for comfort and the current wind conditions.

I don't use sleeving either, that's just another tangle point waiting to happen during 3D moves!

• 3 months later...

No plans, but you can build one yourself and not fail.

You want a little more surface area, a little less weight and no tangle points anywhere on the kite.

~Increase the center vee to 12 inches,

~increase the down spar lengths to 32-1/2,

~dump the venting at the leading edge,

~extend the sail corners to the absolute ends of the sticks

~ build a bridle that's directly attached to the

leading edge at the center, not inches away

~tighten the hinge where the two bridle pieces connect to

NO more than 5/8's of an inch!

~use double faced 3M 9460 adhesive for assembly, iron

the adhesive to seal it forever

~send me a personal email and I'll forward a PDF of the bridle

board dimensions (designed for 100# hi-test bridle line)

You can see an example of this design modification on our club's web-site < http://www.wowkiteclub.com/ > as a tie-dyed R/W/B kite

paul

maryland, usa

PS:  Don't neglect the advantages of longer throw handles if you want a quick-fix towards the lower end of the wind range on any quadline kite.  That makes more difference than anything and is the easiest fix of 'em all!