Power Blast vs. 1.5 stack

relhak

I have a 2.4 power Blast and a 5 stack of 1.5s.I think thers better knowledgable people than me or braver ones on the question,but ive flown my Stack in a 12mph blow and it was manageable,,,,JUST .I wouldnt have the nerve to try the Power blast at that wind speed.I flew it in around 5mph and it still gave a good pull when it was in its power band.

Mr John Mitchell or Ant man would be much better versed than me

BRIAN......

I have a 2.4 power Blast and a 5 stack of 1.5s.I think thers better knowledgable people than me or braver ones on the question,but ive flown my Stack in a 12mph blow and it was manageable,,,,JUST .I wouldnt have the nerve to try the Power blast at that wind speed.I flew it in around 5mph and it still gave a good pull when it was in its power band.

Mr John Mitchell or Ant man would be much better versed than me

BRIAN......

I have flown the Power Blast 2.4 (Super Blast) only twice. So, it is a bit hard to say.

Seeing that a REV 1.5 train and a power blast are very very different, their pull will very dramatically between the two depending on what you are doing.

When you want to figure out, outright pull then I guess the best thing is do is to calculate out the wind surface of a Power Blast and the wind surface of a REV 1.5 with similar rods. Then see how many REV 1.5s would fit into the Power Blast surface.

I am guessing also around 5 maybe 6 Rev 1.5s.

Maybe Antman can give us a more precise input on this.

The kite's speed through the air has an effect on the pull generated too.

If a stack of Blasts is faster than a stack of 1.5s, even matching the area of sails wouldn't match the amount of pull.

There are few things that look cooler than a stack though, even if they are a bigger job to assemble. Spectators love them.

This would be a difficult comparison. I have both the 2-4 and the 4-8 and also have a progressive stack, a 3 stack of rev II's and a custom 8 stack of 1.5 sle's.

The big difference is that the stack pulls much more solid in the air with very little ability to depower it where the 2-4 has a tremendous amount of depower in the kite, just drop the bottom lines out and you can hold the 2-4 in 15 mph winds quite easily. The 8 stack in 15 mph winds would be pretty crazy and not recommended.

I have buggied with my 2-4 and my 4-8 quite a bit (I also buggied with the 8 stack). The 2-4 is much easier to fly for power than the stack is, not to mention that in the stronger winds the 2-4 or even the 4-8 is much easier to control the amount of power they generate. Overall I think in 10-15 mph winds the 2-4 still produces better power than the stack and the 4-8 is down right crazy insane power.

To compare the two, the stack just pulls hard all the time and fairly consistent through the wind window. The power comes on and stays. The power blast series is much more explosive power and comes on harder and faster. When the power series locks into the power it is strong and solid. The faster the kite flies the more power it produces. The beauty of the power series is that you can dump the power out of the kite with a flick of the wrist where the stack pulls constant and is about impossible to dump the power out of without taking it to the edge of the window. The 4-8 is a stump puller in even the lightest of winds and takes a strong arm to fly and control. Your inputs have to be very exaggerated and when the power comes on you need to be ready for it. My 4-8 produces more power in the sub 10mph winds than my 8 stack of 1.5's do. I have buggies with my 4-8 in winds around 3-5 mph with Joe H. at NABX a couple years ago when nothing else would even fly. (That was a blast! - pun intended) lol

Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. Two totally different animals when you get them in the air. If you are looking to match the power of a 2-4 with a stack of 1.5's for the purpose of buggying then I would not suggest it. Just get the 2-4 and you will have a better power engine that is a lot more versatile. If you are just wanting to compare how many 1.5s it would take to match the scudding across the grass like a 2-4 then I would estimate 8 to 10 - but the power would still be different. An experienced pilot on the 2-4 would probably still be able to harness more usable power from the 2-4 than you could get out of the stack with flying techniques and keeping the kite constantly powered up in the window. And of course it would depend on the wind conditions.

Well, thats about as clear as mud....hope you can get some info from this....I need to go fly, how long till kite party again??

Don't forget the Power Blast 2-4 makes an excellent ultra light as well.

That thing will pull your arms out in 2-4 mph just as much as it will in 10, as well as being the ultimate floating freak. It's got power and its a blast there couldnt be a better name for that kite.

This was my 2nd Rev after getting the EXP :kid_devlish:

Also they are fun to fly in almost no wind on 50' lines :kid_smartass:

(Notice the SUL is parked and whats pulling like a horse in almost no wind)

post-1201-1202182659_thumb.jpg