Treasure Island Kite Festival SHATTERED Mega Record

stevepigeon

I wish I could find the words to describe today. Around 11:00 I asked John what time are we going to do the Mega fly? He smiled and said 12:30. The word spread like wild fire. It was go time, Dennis and I set up our kites.It was such a rush seeing all the REV's lining up. My heart started pounding, I kept telling my self I can do this. We all lined up are kites and UP we went. I heard Scott announce we have broken the record 29 REV's. The crowd cheered and the tears poured out of my eyes. Today was a very special day for me. I want to thank every one that has taken the time to teach me. I wouldn't have been able to do it with out you. A very special thank you to iQuad. You guys are amazing. B)

Kelly Mayhew # 2 kite in the Mega fly 1/20/08

Dennis Hawley # 13 kite in the Mega fly 1/20/ 08

Wow, what a HUGE thrill THAT was!

But, I have no idea what number I was. I do however know we have an accurate list of all involved.

To everyone involved with the weekend, a huge thank you, it was a fantastic time. We had a great fly up at Clearwater today as well!

:sign_kitelife:

A great big THANK YOU to iQuad! I feel really proud you welcomed and encouraged me to fly along side you all weekend. You know Saturday night when Kelly posted our mini mega Fog Fly photos, I was so pumped I couldn't imagine it could get better. Well to coin a phrase from her---- I exceeded my target heart rate in seconds after we started our wave and kite count off in the Mega Fly Sunday. Thanks Guys!

I won't forget I'm #13 of 29.

AWESOME event, count us in for next year... Steve, Sherri, Jay, everyone who flew with us (even for a minute), all the support folks in the Sunset Flyers... And everyone else who was a part of this festival...

WOW.

You guys rock, thank you for everything! ;)

John I believe you were :cup_1st: in the Mega Fly :ani_notworthy:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

So may great things happen over the weekend.... I'm looking forward to Jay's next artical in Kitelife.com.

One of the most the best memories for me was watching my Dad (74 years old) fly with iQuad. He practiced for months and was unsure of his skills but yesterday at Sand Key Park in blustering winds I picked up a kite and told my Dad to follow me and I put him in the line next to John. He flew for about 10 minutes. I'm sure my mother was looking down and smiling from heaven and my Dad talked about how cool it was all the way home in the car. :throb:

Sherri

I just got the Team on theri way Home From Tampa...

Bazz, Steve and Monkey were Stranded in Chicago and I think they still might not be home Yet..

Mike "Kory", John and Todd all were delayed in Tampa till Today...

Next Year we will just all stay Till Tuesday and spend time on the beach on Monday instead of the Airport..

Sherri and Steve Rocked :ani_punk: for their first World Class Event...

So many People to thank... and I hope I did it in Person before you went Home..

if I missed you .... THANK YOU!!!!

Next year we will SHATTER this entire event.... :ani_victory:

Official Mega Fly List (Not in Flight Order)

John Barresi (Team IQuad)

Steve De Rooy (Team IQuad)

Todd Rudolph (Team IQuad)

Mike Kory (Team IQuad)

Jay Nunes (Team IQuad)

Barry Bazzer Poulter (Team IQuad)

David Monkey Hathaway (Team IQuad)

Ben Dantonio (Revolution Representative)

Sherri Pigeon (Kitesville USA / Event Organizers)

Steve Pigeon (Kitesville USA / Event Organizers)

Dennis Hawley (Larger Than Life Kites)

Kelly Mayhew (Larger Than Life Kites)

Bob Havard (Sunset Flyers Kite Club)

Denny Skagseth

Mark Chef Williams (St. Augustine Sport Kite Club)

Marvin Harris (TISKK)

Gary Resnick (TISKK)

Alden Miller

Brad Weiner

Charles AJ Jackson

Cath Shook (CIA)

Elliot Shook (CIA)

Mike Stephenson (Illinois Kite Ethusiasts)

Nick Stephenson (Illinois Kite Ethusiasts)

Zack Stephenson (Illinois Kite Ethusiasts)

Isaac Trejo (Illinois Kite Ethusiasts)

Greg Lameroux (AKA Region 1 Director)

Christopher Scott Weider

Scott Weider (Event Announcer / Number 29 for Sure)

Disclaimer: Please Excuse me if I did not Spell your Last Name Correctly

Eliot and I just drove in tonight - we will put it in our permanent calendar to be at TI EVERY year from now on. Steve and Sheri - it was great!!!!!!!!!! Many thanks for all of your gracious efforts ... and Success was yours!!!!!

I 'think' I was 26 and Eliot was 28. Thanks for waiting for my comp event to finish so I could join in. ... And Eliot was delayed while crewing for another comp flyer. Really nice cooperation between different groups - ALL weekend in fact!!

Sorry we didn't see the "boys" on Mon. - we were participating with Al and Evelyn's festival down in TI. Lots of fun there too!

Really want to thank everyone there for everything - we both had a wonderful kite weekend with so many Family members - not many were missing. Those who were, be there next year! And that includes you, Mouse :P

Many more thanks and comments are due, and apologies for what I'm not remembering to say ... 14 hrs in a car does that to my brain!

Love you all!

Cath

PS - Todd, 1 Sweet Tart at a time!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is, 29 revs in the air doing a little wave.

Thanks to my wife we still have about 500 pics and 4+ hours of video of the weekend to sort through, so more to come...............

We really had a great weekend and want to say thanks to everyone involved and everyone who came.

Bob & Cheryl