Mislabeled Rods

DWayne

Question

Is it possible to get rods mislabeled? I was weighing my 4 wrap rods to get an idea of what they weighed and 3 of them weighed 24 grams and one weighed 19 grams. The 19 gram rod has a thinner tube wall than the 24 gram rods. Is the 19 gram rod really a 3 wrap rod with a 4 wrap label?

Denny

15 answers to this question

Is it possible to get rods mislabeled? I was weighing my 4 wrap rods to get an idea of what they weighed and 3 of them weighed 24 grams and one weighed 19 grams. The 19 gram rod has a thinner tube wall than the 24 gram rods. Is the 19 gram rod really a 3 wrap rod with a 4 wrap label?

Denny

Seems to be what should have been labeled "Ultra Light" instead of "Revolution Equipped"

Never heard of it happening before, but there can always be a first time.

You could give Ben or Lollie a call at Revolution or send them an email.

That is wierd. You never know, there co9uld have been a mix up at the factory or something. Ben and Lolly should be able to get this all fixed right up.

There's nothing to fix really. I'd just like to know if it's a 3 wrap or 4 wrap rod so I can treat it right. ;)

Denny

Denny

Anyone from Rev have an answer?

Sounds as if theres been a bobo but it's hard to know for sure, but things can happen. Please remember because of the differences of the raw product weights

may vary slightly............

but if the inner is smaller we make a mistake, and yes my friend I want to fix it so call me and we'll figure it out..619-750-8770 Ben :matrix:

I'm sorry. I thought this was the Revolution Kites Support Forum. My mistake.

Denny

This is a Revolution Forum. This forum is more aimed at REV users discussing with REV users concerning REV kite products. However it is not a support forum as such where company support is monitoring it on a minute by minute basis.

For instant company support you would better off calling Revolution directly.

Anyone from Rev have an answer?

to be frank I am not sure this indicates are requirement for an instant response, especially 12 day after the OP. It seems to me to ask if company employed users of this forum have a response. Surely not an unreasonable question if this is a company sponsored forum on the company owned website. Indeed, this appears to be the response that was given by Beach - and well done to him too.

I think it would be a retrograde step if this forum gave the impression that it was not prepared to listen to fair and reasonable comment about the product to which it is dedicated (ie rev kites). For example IMHO it would prevent the company getting accurate feed back on its products, which is of course gold dust to any company.

JohnM, I wasn't looking for an instant reply. Just a reply. If it was something really pressing I would have called. I knew Ben had KTAI & TI Fest. on his schedule. I waited 12 days (until I thought Ben might be home) before bumping the thread. Ben gave me an answer and now everything's peachy.

Thanks for all your help.

Denny