Used B-Series for sale!

KiteLife

Question

11 answers to this question

Ther is another angle that some people in the uk may not realise.An angle that was a very rude awakening to me quite recently.

YES,it was a nice offer and a great price for a rare kite and why he sold it is his buisness,but for someone in the UK to buy it would be a mistake i reckon.

Here is what im getting at.

Ive just paid $45 postage for a parcel from the states with two kites in the parcel.The duty and handleing fees over here then cost me a further £76[$150].A grand total of,a few dollars shy of $200.If a similar duty was applied to the B Series on GWTW,you would be able to buy a new one and have change over here.

I recently did a freind in canada a favour and swopped a kite[bMK EXILE]for a [uL GEMINI].I paid the £18[$35]postage and sent the kite.I recieved the kite from my freind in Canada a few days later.Along with a nice fat BILL £33[$65].

DUTY/TAX/HANDLEING FEES/ & POSTAGE, MAN,ITS A KILLER.

BRIAN...

Ther is another angle that some people in the uk may not realise.An angle that was a very rude awakening to me quite recently.

YES,it was a nice offer and a great price for a rare kite and why he sold it is his buisness,but for someone in the UK to buy it would be a mistake i reckon.

Here is what im getting at.

Ive just paid $45 postage for a parcel from the states with two kites in the parcel.The duty and handleing fees over here then cost me a further £76[$150].A grand total of,a few dollars shy of $200.If a similar duty was applied to the B Series on GWTW,you would be able to buy a new one and have change over here.

I recently did a freind in canada a favour and swopped a kite[bMK EXILE]for a [uL GEMINI].I paid the £18[$35]postage and sent the kite.I recieved the kite from my freind in Canada a few days later.Along with a nice fat BILL £33[$65].

DUTY/TAX/HANDLEING FEES/ & POSTAGE, MAN,ITS A KILLER.

BRIAN...

Unfortunately, everyone has his hand your pocket when things cross the Border.

I've had a few instances where I'd bought a kite from the States and the seller thought they were doing me a favour by exaggerating the value (in case of an insurance claim). It cost me an extra $86 in GST, Brokerage Fees and assorted other fees.

I've even had to pay up to $45 Duty on my own kites that I'd leant to friends in the USA when they returned them.

There doesn't seem to be any way to win the argument with the Customs Man- you don't get your kite until you pay up.

Hows this one for the MAN.Talk about getting it all ways.

I rang the customs to quiz,enquire,moan,have my 2PNS WORTH.No joy :( .While chatting to the PERSON

I asked.If i won a speed boat worth a million pounds in a usa comp/quiz.What would happen

The person[a very nice young girl btw]replied.You would have a duty fee to pay.A lot of duty to pay.I said,what if i cant aford the duty as im a Min wage earner or whatever.

NO DUTY,NO MILLION POUND SPEED BOAT.

THE MAN.......

BRIAN...

Help a newbie;

1) do they still make B series?

2) if so why are the old ones so valuable?

2) if not and it's such a hot product, why don't the start making them again?

I am kinda new at this but see lots of B series talk.... and it just makes me wonder

Help a newbie;

1) do they still make B series?

2) if so why are the old ones so valuable?

2) if not and it's such a hot product, why don't the start making them again?

I am kinda new at this but see lots of B series talk.... and it just makes me wonder

The B series or more correctly "John Barresi Signature Series" came on the market in January 2007.

The B is still on the market. It is still being made. It is still the hottest going REV.

Go to www.revkites.com for the latest list of REV kites manufactured and marketed.

ENJOY!