Do the Canadian slide!

KiteLife

I'd meant to comment on this earlier but, its been BUSY in monkeyland

1st, thanks for the kind words. It was a LOT of fun, despite the cold. I'd guess it was a little under 0 C/32 F. So, with sufficient layers you can survive it, but, wear gloves.

2nd, Watch out for how you land. One wrong move and your kite will be flat, and pretty much unrecoverable. Its a near frictionless surface. You can see little of that fun towards the end of the video.

The flyers involved : Steve DeRooy, Barry Poulter, Gord Wensley, Terry Wiggle, Bob Koga and myself. Cathy Tung braved the elements and filmed! We have close to an hour of footage from the shenanigans so, perhaps Steve will get some time to edit a longer version.

1st, thanks for the kind words. It was a LOT of fun, despite the cold. I'd guess it was a little under 0 C/32 F. So, with sufficient layers you can survive it, but, wear gloves.

We have close to an hour of footage from the shenanigans so, perhaps Steve will get some time to edit a longer version.

This vid really needs to be on the Revolution homepage! (See! You can fly them in the WINTER too!!!)

Yes Aero,you can still show up for flys in the winter :P

We did one other new move called "the zamboni"

Leading edge down one the ice and walk back dragging the snow off the surface of the ice.

Very cool...unfortunately...do to much of this and the plastic connectors freeze and shatter.

Luckily however your rod is easily recovered after it has stopped bouncing across the ice.

I hope there will be more vid of this great day as it was all way cool.

In more ways than one.

Bazzer

Well Monk then it wasn't cold. Cold is below 20 F wind over 15 and at least 20 inches of snow on the ground. You must wear your snow shoes and get there with sled dogs. Welcome to the Rockies.

Have a great Xmas or howver you celebrate. May the guy in the red suit treat you and all of IQuad well.