Confimed Rev flyers for Treasure Island Kite Fest

JayNunes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll need to make the mega fly attempts an "end of day" affair, to close out the festival day...

We're talking about TONS of kites and lines out there, better to tidy up after it's all done than in the middle of the day.

Also, I will be leading a brief meeting prior to each of the mega fly attempts... With that many pilots, we've got to have a few basic things clear.

==

During the attempts:

No showboating, or "big sky flying"... All it takes is one kite going awry, and 10 other pilots are untangling lines for a while.

When we're not in a team action, keep the kite in your vertical space, about 20-30 ft wide, center window, anywhere between the top of the window and the ground.

==

I'll be spacing "team captains" every 6 pilots down or so from the front, so that there are experienced pilots available everywhere to give advice or help explain any maneuver... All the maneuvers with a group this big will be very simple, but super COOL...

We'll try to spell "TI 07" and hold it for a few minutes, so photo and video hounds can get their shots in.

We can also do a "wave", like shown in the 48 Rev mega fly video.

Around the world is an easy and fun one, easier shown than explained.

More to come, as I think of it.

Here's the 48 Rev mega fly vid... You'll see formation of letters/numbers, and the "wave".

We'll also get into "team by team" stuff...

With over 25 kites, it's pretty much impossible to do a full follow, so we break into 2-3 groups, with those "sub-teams" doing follows and other maneuvers side by side. ;)

Ok, Ok, I couldn't resist. Scarlette and I are heading to Florida.

My father in-law lives about 35 - 40 minutes away. All I had to do was book a flight.

I'm in, I'll be arriving on Thursday, departing on Monday.

:sign_kitelife:

-Alden

awwwwwwww man.. I wanna go!!! lol

I actually went flying today in 34 degrees... but the sun was shining.. and the oldest sister wanted to get out , so off I went with Scarlette in tow. I flew till my hands froze off ... it was worth every sting. I know you all will have a great time.. take lots of pics !!!

I actually went flying today in 34 degrees... but the sun was shining.. and the oldest sister wanted to get out , so off I went with Scarlette in tow. I flew till my hands froze off ... it was worth every sting. I know you all will have a great time.. take lots of pics !!!

Can't Monkey just stick ya'll in his suitcase ????????

It would be nice to see a bunch of the sisters in the mega fly pics and videos! From reading here, I think there are already at least 2 signed up?