Whats the best place to buy from?

mux11

Question

21 answers to this question

ok, im settled on the 1.5B lime green and black and I want the kit as a newb.

What im struggling with is where from? Not totally sure on the closest resellers and wanted to check my options.

Any suggestions? Chicago area

Did you check the Rev's site list of retailers?: http://www.revkites.com/main/retailers

From what I've read on this forum, most people have the best results ordering directly from Revolution.

Did you check the Rev's site list of retailers?: http://www.revkites.com/main/retailers

From what I've read on this forum, most people have the best results ordering directly from Revolution.

Actually while you can order directly from Revolution, they do prefer you buy from one of the listed dealers (they have enough to do already).

If your looking for some place local check out the list, if walking in the store doesn't matter most of the sites listed have web pages you can shop from if your doing price comparisons.

I do know Revolution is not really set up as a retail store and while they do direct sales mostly its for custom kites. I know they are busy enough supplying retailers and I don't personally like putting any extra burden on them.

I personally do all my business now with Midwest Kites, Rich and Lyn are 2 of the best and helpful people I've ever dealt with in the kiting industry they have alot of experience and are very helpful if your not quite sure what you need they can suggest different options that might make life a bit easier on you.

Lynn and I ordered two 1.5 masterpiece red, white and blue with the three stars, but we wanted them to be SULs (not shown as being available). We ordered them from a dealer in Oregon on Labor Day, September 3rd. They arrived as ordered (SULs) via UPS on Tuesday, September 11th, with a note from Lolly written on the box.

Now that's great service.

Jim

Actually while you can order directly from Revolution, they do prefer you buy from one of the listed dealers (they have enough to do already).

If your looking for some place local check out the list, if walking in the store doesn't matter most of the sites listed have web pages you can shop from if your doing price comparisons.

I do know Revolution is not really set up as a retail store and while they do direct sales mostly its for custom kites. I know they are busy enough supplying retailers and I don't personally like putting any extra burden on them.

I personally do all my business now with Midwest Kites, Rich and Lyn are 2 of the best and helpful people I've ever dealt with in the kiting industry they have alot of experience and are very helpful if your not quite sure what you need they can suggest different options that might make life a bit easier on you.

I agree, midwest kites is where I buy from. Rich and Lyn are very helpful enthusiast.

If your local shop doesn't have the colors you are looking for we carry the B-series in nearly every color all the time. We do have the lime color in both the standard and vented. Give me a call or drop us an e-mail if you can't find it locally and we can take care of you.

I'll put in a plug for Kent at awindofchange. He's graciously helped me part with some of my money in the past and I have been quite pleased with the transactions.

-Alden

I'll put in a plug for Kent at awindofchange. He's graciously helped me part with some of my money in the past and I have been quite pleased with the transactions.

-Alden

I wish I had known about WindOfChange before I bought my Rev elsewhere. I will definitely consider them for future Rev needs. :)

hi all.

yes i second that.

Mr Shenkman is your man,and we are in the U.K.

all the best steve.

Hmmm, not sure what my wife would say about that comment, but ok, I suppose I can be your man. Big Bri, you don't say a word pal (or is it Paul?). Yes, my first suggestion is to buy local. If you can't get the service, I do carry every kite Rev offers, PLUS a few kites you can't get any place else. Of course I must throw out an endorsement for the ADVANCED FLYING VIDEO (DVD), since I made it. Kent at Windofchange is a very nice guy, I'll second that! I've also heard very good things about Midwest kites from their customers, but I don't think I know them (I probably do but just don't know it). As mentioned already I think, find someone you like dealing with, prices should be very comparable across the board. Don't shop by price, shop by service, you'll be glad you did. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me, I'll at least act like I know what I' talking about. ;)

Regards,

Dave

The Kite Connection

OMG....I've been flying Revs for almost 20 years, yet I'm only a quadling? How demoralizing.

Lynn and I ordered two 1.5 masterpiece red, white and blue with the three stars, but we wanted them to be SULs (not shown as being available). We ordered them from a dealer in Oregon on Labor Day, September 3rd. They arrived as ordered (SULs) via UPS on Tuesday, September 11th, with a note from Lolly written on the box.

Now that's great service

I might also add, we ordered from the dealer in Oregon because he was at the event we were attending, it was a holiday, and we were pleased to see the service he was giving the people at the event, so supported him.

We have purchased four kites from Dave Schenkman and also found his service to be tops. What Dave does for the kite family, like the fund raiser for Ben Lummas at Kite Party, is way over the top.

Like Dave says, the kites will be the same, prices about the same, service is what counts.

Jim

I have ordered all my new Revs from Theresa at Thekiteshoppe. Service has been great although all done by Email. Sometimes if she is busy or away at a festival it takes a few days for her to answer.

She has even helped ship some kites I won to me. Both orders putting a little more in the package.

I would not hesitate to reccomend her.

I have ordered all my new Revs from Theresa at Thekiteshoppe. Service has been great although all done by Email. Sometimes if she is busy or away at a festival it takes a few days for her to answer.

She has even helped ship some kites I won to me. Both orders putting a little more in the package.

I would not hesitate to reccomend her.

I second that, Theresa is VERY nice!

Dave

Thanks for all the input!

I have a hard time as there hasnt been a local untill Rich and lyn started Midwest Kites. She has offered to let me fly one of hers with a lesson or two so i can get the handle of it, and thats the kind of service that makes buying local worth a few extra dollars.

thanks again for the help -