Which Rev? (1, 1.5, 2, or B)

John146

Question

I'm wondering if someone can give a brief description about the different Revs. I have a Supersonic and I'm interested in another but I'm not sure which I should look at. I've seen discussions about the Rev 1, Rev 2, 1.5, 1.5 SLE, the Sedgwick, and the B.

I'm wondering about the pros and cons for each type.

Can someone help? Or are there key words I can search on to find topics that might show the differences?

How heavy is a 1.5(SLE) STD sail compared to a B-Pro STD? (Minus rods). Is there a difference? Guessing so given that they utilise different fabric materials.

Are there any figures published on the weights of individual sails? However I guess they may be subject to change over time depending on the availability of material fabics at any point.

Ty. smile.png

@Moggy

Based on my measurements this weekend, the weight range from my latest B-Pro to a factory B is less than 10 grams. This was measured with the frames included and with a kitchen grade digital scale. Frame variance is probably about 1-2 grams total in my experience so I don't bother about it.

While I have weighed probably every aspect of a Rev (a bridle is 7 grams if you were wondering) ... low end flying, where weight matters, is 95% down to pilot skill. Swallowing a spoonful of cement to harden up and just get out there and work on thos skills is a far better investment than weighing everything ;-)

• Like 3