Problems to buy a Rev. 1.5 B-Series

T.Oechsner

Question

Hi to you all,

I want to tell you my problems to get a “Barresi” here in Germany.

I have been flying my Rev. 1.5 EXP. for a year and have now decided to buy a Rev 1.5. B-Series.

I started the search in the net and found a dealer called „Chill Out“ in Augsburg, Germany. The guy at the phone was very aggressive and told me the following: „A Barresi? What's the reason for that kite? Nobody needs such a kite and there will be no dealer in Europe to import these kites. What will I do with such a kite (stupid question!!!) and this kite is sassy expensive.

I was a little astonished and found no words. I said “thanks” to him and hang up.

Next I looked to the homepage of Revolution and found an official Revolution dealer for Germany called „Wolkenstürmer“. I wrote an e-mail with the request of an offer of a B-Series Revolution kite. Up to now I have not received an answer from Wolkenstürmer (He is called the best kite shop in the internet.......).

I think Revolution should think about the support of such „dealers“. I'm the customer and if I want to by a Barresi I pay the price and not the dealer. Now, what can I do to get a Rev. 1.5 B-Series here in Germany? I think I must order one at a dealer direct in the USA. Is this the only solution, please advise.

Thank you for your support.

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The folk from Kiteworld.co.uk go just that bit further to make sure you don't lose flying time if they can....

Here delivering kite and parts etc directly to the beach, Rob did lose a little fly time being as Mike took his Rev 1 over for a little practice. :D

post-559-1204620449_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I want to give you an update about buying a Rev (without problems):

Ordered a Limited edition 20th Anniversary Revolution (sorry John - no Signature Rev) at Kiteworld.

Received my Rev withhin 3!!! days.

Perfect.

Thanks again to the guys at Kiteworld.

Thomas

(Attached my new baby)

post-1914-1204749195_thumb.jpg

I have had kites come from the US quicker than that.

Hope you dont have to wait much longer.

Prospect not looking good for the start of the festival season... delays by yet *another* week :blue_sad::blue_sad::blue_sad::blue_sad:

that's more than 1 month!

I wouldn't mind so much but I can't fly anything else.

I assume that you mean the shipment to the shop here is a month late?

Sailor, I have no idea, the message was vague.

We put the order in on the 1st of this month and the shipment isn't due til probably end of next week (shrug), but then they promised it a week ago!!!!!!!

*sigh*

Wish I could help you Choccy, could drop my B'v in the post to you for a lend for a couple of weeks if you like.

Long as you like Blue that is.

Awww you so sweet I'm welling up here (no sarcasm honest).

I Love blue. Blue and purple are my favs...

It's ok Baloo, I'm sure it'll arrive eventually.

Thanks for the kind gesture!

Sailor> It's not your fault either, we placed the order before your recommendation based on our previous own experience.

*hugs*

Choccy...

I have an order in with kiteworld at the moment and happen to know their Rev shipment left last Thursday so it shouldn't be long now!...

They seem really good people to me and so far given good advice and delivered everything I have ordered next day (apart from current sail only order inbound no doubt with your order) so I plan to support them whenever possible.

Having said that I have also bought stuff from aWindofChange.com in the states who were fantastic to deal with ... luckily I have quite a few mates/clients etc going back and forth across the pond so they can bring things back ....

It is an honest offer if you change your mind Choccy.

I have plenty of others to play with, although I must admit the B'v gets most air.

Unfortunatly there are so many things can go wrong in long distance orders.

Hi Ben, I appreciate you guys work hard and try to get orders out as quickly as possible.

I have waited over 5 weeks for postage from the US. It may be that the bigger orders go by a different carrier but there can always be problems. Either in the US or here with customs etc.

Hope you get it soon. Having met some of them I am sure the folks at Kitelife are watching the road each Hour to look out for the delivery.

A few experiences make me think we in the UK get a lower level of priority.

Yes, there was a time when I thought that too, but I don't think it is either right or fair.

With the best will in the world, kite flying in the UK (and probably America) is minority sport. Serious kite flyers are shopping niche market and as Rev flyers are just a small section of that already small market. Just about anybody who’s any anybody in UK Rev flying was at Dunstable in January (okay there were two or three notable absentees) but we were around forty. I seriously doubt there are more than 50 or 60 serious Rev flyers in the UK.

In any business you need to watch costs to keep prices down. So no retailer can afford massive stocks or to be placing transatlantic orders on a weekly basis. If we want to be fussy about colour choice and don’t get me wrong there’s no reason why we shouldn’t, we have to accept that we may have to wait a bit.

It took me a while to choose my first Rev, a 1.5sle but when I ordered a matching sul & vented the sul arrived within a couple of days but I had a long wait for the vented, I could have had another colour but I chose to wait because I wanted a matched set.

You pays your money you takes your choice,

Well, I think one gets a feeling for choccys level of frustration!

Bob, wise words as. Always. But. I have just organised the shipment of 2.5 tonnes of rigging and a 45 metre mast from the UK to Hawaii. In all it the freight will take 28 hour, door to door. And in my line of work that is not unusual. I honestly do not see a few pounds of kites in the same league. We now live in a tiny world and consumers, rightly, expect prompt delivery, minority sport or not.

Now Ben has rightly been very frank today, and for good reason. People who make fakes are theatening his livelyhood. So I will be frank too. I recommended the shop in question to Choccy.I did this because they have on several occassions provided me with exceptional customer service, even when the manufacturer of a new kite I had purchased did not provide support (or indeed initially answer my emails). They shipped all my orders to arrive next day. And delivered 100%. Yet the first time I put my personnal reputation on the line (which counts for a hell of a lot to me) and recommend them there is a massive delay. And the customer is rightly not happy.

I know for sure that the shop would not want this to be the case. And I know rev would not want the customer to be disappointed. Yet the customer still does not know when the good she paid for a long time ago will arrive. It does not seem beyond the wit of man to me for rev and the shop to talk to each other and give the poor woman an honest and frank answer to what has gone wrong, where her goods are and when they will arrive.

I honestly do not think this is unreasonable. I gone out of my way to make a recommendation and I now look a fool.