Problems to buy a Rev. 1.5 B-Series

T.Oechsner

Question

Hi to you all,

I want to tell you my problems to get a “Barresi” here in Germany.

I have been flying my Rev. 1.5 EXP. for a year and have now decided to buy a Rev 1.5. B-Series.

I started the search in the net and found a dealer called „Chill Out“ in Augsburg, Germany. The guy at the phone was very aggressive and told me the following: „A Barresi? What's the reason for that kite? Nobody needs such a kite and there will be no dealer in Europe to import these kites. What will I do with such a kite (stupid question!!!) and this kite is sassy expensive.

I was a little astonished and found no words. I said “thanks” to him and hang up.

Next I looked to the homepage of Revolution and found an official Revolution dealer for Germany called „Wolkenstürmer“. I wrote an e-mail with the request of an offer of a B-Series Revolution kite. Up to now I have not received an answer from Wolkenstürmer (He is called the best kite shop in the internet.......).

I think Revolution should think about the support of such „dealers“. I'm the customer and if I want to by a Barresi I pay the price and not the dealer. Now, what can I do to get a Rev. 1.5 B-Series here in Germany? I think I must order one at a dealer direct in the USA. Is this the only solution, please advise.

Thank you for your support.

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Hi to you all,

I want to tell you my problems to get a “Barresi” here in Germany.

snip.....

Just curious who the person was who answered the phone at Chill Out. If it was NOT Richard Grabner, call again and simply ask for Richard and complain. Tell him I sent sent you and I do highly recommend the REV 1.5 JB. He will surely be cooperative.

You can also purchase a REV 1.5 JB from other shops within the European Union without having to pay any import tax, because they already paid it. Some of the best prices I have seen are at Cometalia in Valencia, Spain: http://cometalia.com/

Ask for Domingo Pino, he speaks perfect English. I have no idea if they stock the JB. If you get a guy on the phone who only speaks Spanish, that would be Jose. Use you best Spanish to ask for Senor Pino.

There are some other shops in the EU that have the REV 1.5 JB, in particular the UK. Check around in this forum, there is a shop that several in the UK really like.

Servus,

John

WAW,What a horrid story Thomas,

If you have no Joy with the places John has Suggested[i think you will though]try KITEWORLD here in the uk.

Ther Superb to deal with.

Good luck Thomas

BRIAN...

Exelent advice, great service and I suspect they will give you free shipping on a B to Germany.

Link

http://kiteworld.co.uk/

Just curious who the person was who answered the phone at Chill Out. If it was NOT Richard Grabner, call again and simply ask for Richard and complain. Tell him I sent sent you and I do highly recommend the REV 1.5 JB. He will surely be cooperative.

You can also purchase a REV 1.5 JB from other shops within the European Union without having to pay any import tax, because they already paid it. Some of the best prices I have seen are at Cometalia in Valencia, Spain: <a href="http://cometalia.com/" target="_blank">http://cometalia.com/</a>

Ask for Domingo Pino, he speaks perfect English. I have no idea if they stock the JB. If you get a guy on the phone who only speaks Spanish, that would be Jose. Use you best Spanish to ask for Senor Pino.

There are some other shops in the EU that have the REV 1.5 JB, in particular the UK. Check around in this forum, there is a shop that several in the UK really like.

Servus,

John

Now THAT's advice, JM! ("Tell him I sent sent you.... He will surely be cooperative". How cool is THAT?? Tony Soprano - eat yer heart out!)

Outstanding. :kid_smartass:

If all that doesn't work Thomas and you end up trying the UK, I'd have to agree with my friends' recommendation of KiteWorld.co.uk. Really friendly, great advice and FINE service.

Fraser

They do read and they do take note be patient ;)

I've been buying my 2 B series directly in the US, well you do have to pay taxes ( dollar euro rate make up for that somehow) and I takes a litle bit longer, and some one should go and explain Customs over here that a rev 1.5 is not "A non-motorized model plane", but besides that I had no problems.

Good winds,

OutSync

I've been buying my 2 B series directly in the US, well you do have to pay taxes ( dollar euro rate make up for that somehow) and I takes a litle bit longer, and some one should go and explain Customs over here that a rev 1.5 is not "A non-motorized model plane", but besides that I had no problems.

Good winds,

OutSync

This is for the European Union.

Most of the times customs will nail you, but sometimes they won't.

The REV kites should really be classified as sports equipment which in most cases lowers the customs a lot.

Remember this also when you are flying on the airlines as sporting equipment, often travels cheaper or for free.

You can probably prove this to customs by informing them that there are sport kite competitions with Revolution kites.

What gets you more is that the sales tax which is based on the sum of the kite price, transportation costs and customs taxes. So make sure that when you order your REV, that you don't pay any state sales tax to a US company when you purchase your REV.

Hi folks, I'm back again,

Today I got another answer from another "so called" Revolution dealer (here in Germany) for a request of a JB. Yes, yes I should't done this but this dealer looks really promising.

He told me the following:

Thank you very much for your friendly request. So a rare-excelent Kite maybe order by yourselfe?

By what??? :confused!: By myselfe!?! :kid_cussing: You are the dealer. If you don't want to sell kites, why do you offer Revolution kites???????? :censored:

This was the third!!!! dealer who sells Revolution kits and don't have the ability to order a JB for me. :wacko:

I think there are two reaons for my Revolution problem here:

First, my name stand ontop of a black-list for customers who want to by a JB: Oh look, Thomas want's to by a JB? - no way!!!

Second, Revolution has trouble with the dealers here in Germany whatever the reason is.

I will order a JB next year in the UK. I have shown my problems here in the forum and Revolution must decide what is to do. If I want to get a JB I will found the right dealer but it will be a long, long way. Rather bad.....................................................................

Best regards to you all,

Thomas

Hello

I am a french girl .....I know a shop in France where you could buy a Baresi . It is red and black .

The price to send a kite in europe is 10 euros

So if you are interrested I will tell you the name of the shop .

Pascale who is waiting is gold and black baresi ....

It's amazing to me that these German dealers are so blind to what a great kite the B-Series kite is. They are definitely missing out on some great sales opportunities.

As far as Revolution doing anything about these dealers....well, if they stock other Rev models then they would be listed as a Rev dealer by the company. BUT that would be as far as Rev could go. It wouldn't be right for Revolution to enforce what or how these individual stores run their business. I am 100% sure that if the store you have talked about wanted to order a couple B-Series kites then Rev would ship them instantly. It is the store that makes that decision, not Rev. Complaining to Revolution about the business antics of your local store is not proper because there really isn't anything Rev can do about how that store operates other than making suggestions to them about what products they should carry. In the end it is still the stores ultimate decision.

If your local store refuses to work with you well....then....it looks like they won't be getting your business. I suggest trying out some of the other stores that were listed in the posts above. If that doesn't work for you then our shop has the B-series rev's in stock all the time and we have all colors in both the standard and vented models. We have no problem at all shipping the kites to you overseas and you can have a nice B-series rev in your hands in about 10-12 days.

It is sad that the stores in your area are not stocking or selling this kite, it is well worth it.

It's amazing to me that these German dealers are so blind to what a great kite the B-Series kite is. They are definitely missing out on some great sales opportunities.

As far as Revolution doing anything about these dealers....well, if they stock other Rev models then they would be listed as a Rev dealer by the company. BUT that would be as far as Rev could go. It wouldn't be right for Revolution to enforce what or how these individual stores run their business. I am 100% sure that if the store you have talked about wanted to order a couple B-Series kites then Rev would ship them instantly. It is the store that makes that decision, not Rev. Complaining to Revolution about the business antics of your local store is not proper because there really isn't anything Rev can do about how that store operates other than making suggestions to them about what products they should carry. In the end it is still the stores ultimate decision.

If your local store refuses to work with you well....then....it looks like they won't be getting your business. I suggest trying out some of the other stores that were listed in the posts above. If that doesn't work for you then our shop has the B-series rev's in stock all the time and we have all colors in both the standard and vented models. We have no problem at all shipping the kites to you overseas and you can have a nice B-series rev in your hands in about 10-12 days.

It is sad that the stores in your area are not stocking or selling this kite, it is well worth it.

The way it is done in Germany is very different from the USA.

For many many years I lived in Germany. In all that time, I never purchased a REV from a German Kite Shop primarily because they were way over priced compared to other European countries. In addition, they had zero idea what they were selling. Spare parts were rare and far between. There is still only one official dealer in Germany for the REVs. It is simply a monopoly. That dealer supplied most of the other kite shops. So with an in between dealer, you can imagine how the prices sky rocketed. Needless to say those who were in the know purchased their REVs from other countries or made them themselves.

Fortunately in the states, the kite shops purchase direct from Revolution and there is a bit of competition on support and prices.

Thank you very much again for all your comments and support. I will see where I buy a B for the next season. Maybe in the Uk, maybe in france.

I whish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year and a good and windy season 2008.

Thomas

Hi Thomas

Sorry for all the problems you have been getting

We ship quite a few items to Germany each year if that helps

Kiteworld are doing some discounts for the Christmas season so

there are some great prices at the moment.

Feel free to contact us for more information if you wish

Above all have a good Christmas and New Year

regards

Dave Mitchell

Kiteworld

We've also had similar problems with purchasing other types of kites from a UK trader which refused to sell a German kite (irony)!

Consequently they failed and quit trading.

Makes you wonder why they bother.

(Edited 27th March 2008).

I have to add my recommendation to consider www.kiteworld.com. I am sure they would be able to ship as quickly and competitively as cometalia.

The people who run the shop are real kiters and know what they are talking about. They invariably ship same day. Their prices are competitive. Their customer service is just right. And they sponsor a number of Revolution events, which makes them thoroughly good eggs. Apart from that, there is not much good one can say about them ;) (apart from they stand their turn when it is time to buy the beer!)

thanks for the link...

The only problem I see is taht us people in Europe have to pay extra Tax (at least in Portugal we do) therefore we need to get shops based in Europe... (but I will have a look in this one for some items I can't get here...;))

Just for the Record Cometalia is also runed by Kiteres... and they also know what they are talking about ;)