STOLEN KITES

mousieo

Just an update.

Connor and I walked for 2 hours along the canal roads looking in ditches to no avail. The longer this goes, the more I am thinking we may not see them again. Or perhaps they will show up elsewhere... out of this area.

A continued ty to everyone for keeping your eyes open for them.

hugs mousie

Mousie,

AJSKA(All Japan Sport Kite Association) also has notice of your stolen kites on there web site at:

http://www.ajska.gr.jp/

What a nightmare Amy.

I've just bought a couple more kites and a Rev bag and when I'd transferred everything into my shiny new bag, suddenly realised how much that innocuous bundle was worth and nearly wet my pants! Four kites plus bag - admittedly at our ridiculous UK prices - nearly £1000 (that's TWO GRAND to you transatlantic types)!!! Given that you had something like five times the number - even ignoring their one-off and personalised nature - it's a MAJOR loss. I hope you've tried your car insurer and your home insurer (though you may have to be inventive and tell each about different kites - I can't see either policy picking up the whole tab.

There's a lesson here people - NEVER leave yer stuff in the car. There's just so much pond-life out there.

On a more helpful note (I hope) - I'm no expert, but isn't it possible to put watch words and key words into Ebay, which would flag up any new 'Revolution', or 'coloured design kite' type listings? If we all do it - you just never know.

Fraser

Dear Amy

We're so sorry to hear of your loss. My husband gave me the Scarlett red as a gift and I'm proud to own such a beautiful Rev. I treasure it. We will keep our ears and eyes open here in Florida. If anyone should come into or call our shop (Kitesville) concerning these kites will will call the police right away. Also we distribute kites all over the country and will alert our customers to do the same. Again if there is any other way we can help please let us know.

Steve and Sherri Pigeon

Lovers of Revs

Owners of Kitesville USA

AKA Members

Kitesville USA 1-800-445-6902

Dear Amy

We're so sorry to hear of your loss. My husband gave me the Scarlett red as a gift and I'm proud to own such a beautiful Rev. I treasure it. We will keep our ears and eyes open here in Florida. If anyone should come into or call our shop (Kitesville) concerning these kites will will call the police right away. Also we distribute kites all over the country and will alert our customers to do the same. Again if there is any other way we can help please let us know.

Steve and Sherri Pigeon

Lovers of Revs

Owners of Kitesville USA

AKA Members

Kitesville USA 1-800-445-6902

I am so so glad that you have the Scarlette Red. At least I know someone is enjoying her... Thank you for all your help.

****May it be noted to all: Steve and Sherry purchased that Scarlette Red through Revolution. The Prototype looks just like it except that it has a hibiscus flower on it whereas Sherry's does not. I just want to make certain there is no confusion. ****.

I am truly thankful that the three Scarlettes sold through Rev are out there and safe.... Keep em in the air.

They can take my kites, but they can't take my wings.....

mousie

What a nightmare Amy.

I've just bought a couple more kites and a Rev bag and when I'd transferred everything into my shiny new bag, suddenly realised how much that innocuous bundle was worth and nearly wet my pants! Four kites plus bag - admittedly at our ridiculous UK prices - nearly £1000 (that's TWO GRAND to you transatlantic types)!!! Given that you had something like five times the number - even ignoring their one-off and personalised nature - it's a MAJOR loss. I hope you've tried your car insurer and your home insurer (though you may have to be inventive and tell each about different kites - I can't see either policy picking up the whole tab.

There's a lesson here people - NEVER leave yer stuff in the car. There's just so much pond-life out there.

On a more helpful note (I hope) - I'm no expert, but isn't it possible to put watch words and key words into Ebay, which would flag up any new 'Revolution', or 'coloured design kite' type listings? If we all do it - you just never know.

Fraser

Good Idea, I have been checking on ebay , but I will go see if I can do that now... maybe they will send me notices then.

Good Idea, I have been checking on ebay , but I will go see if I can do that now... maybe they will send me notices then.

Well, nothing in the UK part (just went through all 28pages of "'kite' in all sections" :kid_brooding: ). Hardly likely to be trying to sell any of it here, but ya never know, do ya?

I've been giving this some thought and it has just occurred to me that maybe we are missing a trick here.

With all the publicity we have made sure that these kites are now too hot to handle almost anywhere in the world (there can't be a serious Rev flier on the planet that doesn't know it) but the question we have to ask is, does the toe rag that nicked them, I think he needs to be made aware that they are going to be very difficult to off load and that any one who can appreciate their true value is also going to know they will never be able to fly them, at least not in public.

I've been giving this some thought and it has just occurred to me that maybe we are missing a trick here.

With all the publicity we have made sure that these kites are now too hot to handle almost anywhere in the world (there can't be a serious Rev flier on the planet that doesn't know it) but the question we have to ask is, does the toe rag that nicked them, I think he needs to be made aware that they are going to be very difficult to off load and that any one who can appreciate their true value is also going to know they will never be able to fly them, at least not in public.

Oh I wasn't helping - I just fancy a bargain! :kid_devlish:

Good point Bob, and indeed in the flyer I have been passing out it does say that these kites are of very little value to anyone except myself. The radio station here has done a story on them also, so there will be people that do not fly at least aware they may run into them.. I wish I didn't feel that the longer they are gone.... the less chance we have of recovering them, but.....

Fraser.... If you get a good deal, then you have to give me one too.. K? hugs... lol

Dear Amy

If a Scarlett is a part of one or your routines and you need to borrow mine feel free to call and we will ship her to you. Keeping our eyes out.

Steve and Sherri

HI, Ummm that just made me teary.. thanks so much for offering. You keep her there with you, where she is safe and sound ok? I do not have any routines with her specifically .. the only one I use a specific kite for just happened to be in my sewing room for touch ups.. thank goodness..

I would just like to say this to all of you..

Whether I ever get my kites back or not.. what I have lost in kites, I have found in friends...

thanks for everything..

man this is bad i keep thinking how i would be if i lost my horse ... amy im with ya and im sure my fello east coast fliers are too

Don't be ridiculous - you'd hear the neigh-ing as the thief unfolded its legs to get it out of the car, for goodness sake. Be sensible!

HI to all.

Just an update ...

............ yeah pretty much that's it.. nothing.. sorry to say but. I have called and checked in with the pawn shops and police, but nothing.

I still would appreciate you all keeping your eyes open. I am checking ebay and craigslist daily.

Thanks for all the emails and good wishes.

I will be heading to Nationals on Monday. Wouldn't it be nice if I got em back in good shape tomorrow? (if wishes were kites, I would have a festival) ..

hugs mousie