Expert Advice Desired

jmanwaring

Question

I currently have two Revolution kites in my Rev collection.

*One RevII (UL & SUL frames)

*One Barresi Std.

I would like to add a vented kite to my Rev collection for those high/choppy wind days.

What vented kite would you recommend? (knowing what Rev's I already have)

-Vented Supersonic?

-Vented Barresi?

-Other?

There is a chance that the vented kite I end up purchasing may complete my Revolution kite collection.

This is why I would appreciate your opinions on this topic.

Thank you!

11 answers to this question

I would suggest the Vented Barresi as it will match in perfectly with your current kites. The Vented Sonic is an awesome kite and might work good for you as well if you are looking for a kite with almost zero pull that flies as fast as a bumble bee on Red Bull!

The Sonic and the B-series are two totally different kites that will perform on almost completely opposite ways. It would mainly depend on what you are looking for for your next kite. If you want something that is going to be comparable to what you already have then the B-series is the one. If you want something different then the Sonic.

Hope this helps...

P.S. After I just got in my 48th rev, the latest Randy Tom Masterpiece, I don't think it is physically possible to complete your Rev Collection...or your overall kite collection for that matter. Anyone willing to sell me a Nagel or Beautiful Evil for cheap?

Beautiful Evil, I would LOVE one of those. If someone sends you 2 can I have one please Kent?

I have a B and a B'v. I am afraid I also have a number of other Rev kites and NEED more. I think if I had bought the 2 B's first I might have settled for less Revs, but then again would I???????????????

If you like SLOW I suppose a vented Rev 1 would be good. If you like FAST then the Supersonic. In between the B vent would be fantastic.

At the end of the day only you can decide. I would sort of bet on this not being the end of your Rev collection. They are sort of addictive.

As much as I love my vented Rev 1 Sedgwick, I would have to suggest the vented B also. The 1.5 series seems to have become the standard in the rev line up and if you plan to fly with others it's more likely for them to have a 1.5 in their bag also.

Oh, did I say that I love my vented Rev 1 Sedgwick? For overall smoothness, precision, and stability it is hard to beat!

1st off, my choice is obvious, go with a vented B to match your other one, but, don't discount how much fun a vented 1 or supersonic can be. But, i generally carry only two kites with me these days, a standard B, and a vented B. Both have race spars in them, and I carry an extra 3 wrap leading edge, just in case its extra windy.

Kent! I'm surprised you haven't jumped on this baby :

http://www.kite-classifieds.com/listing/19...volution_1.html

and 48 revs? Wow, you really need to put up pictures of them all somewhere.

I don't have another vented to compare to but since May of this year the rev that I have with the most flight time by far is the vented B series.

When the breeze is up enough to pull out the vented B I get excited!

-Alden

Now I know one thing for sure, I am going to be torn when Scarlette gets here...

1st off, my choice is obvious, go with a vented B to match your other one, but, don't discount how much fun a vented 1 or supersonic can be. But, i generally carry only two kites with me these days, a standard B, and a vented B. Both have race spars in them, and I carry an extra 3 wrap leading edge, just in case its extra windy.

Kent! I'm surprised you haven't jumped on this baby :

http://www.kite-classifieds.com/listing/19...volution_1.html

and 48 revs? Wow, you really need to put up pictures of them all somewhere.

Oh I've contemplated it for sure...but that $1200.00 price tag is really turning me away. For much less I can purchase a custom Sutton 450 with tails.... or for the same price I could opt for that Skinner Rev which there are only 5 of those (and each one different from the other) compared to the couple dozen or so of the single faced Nagel's. oh the decisions, or is that turmoil.... Now if it was about half that price I might have found a way into my bag already.

The kite is beautiful for sure, but at that price I tend to think I am being gouged. Perhaps someone else with more money to burn will not think so.

I keep looking tho! :)

P.S. Sorry to get off topic all

Oh I've contemplated it for sure...but that $1200.00 price tag is really turning me away. For much less I can purchase a custom Sutton 450 with tails.... or for the same price I could opt for that Skinner Rev which there are only 5 of those (and each one different from the other) compared to the couple dozen or so of the single faced Nagel's.

I was under the impression there were only 12 single face and even fewer double faced Nagals but, hey, I could be wrong. Ben, clear this one up!

:D

I would suggest the Vented B. It is precise, it is not too fast, and it is not too slow. I have a Std. 1.5 and a vented B., and I'm alwayse hoping that I can get the vented up instead! I have flown the supersonic, and even though they are fun, I wouldn't fly it as much as I would a vented B. Flying with others, if it be on a team, in pairs, or just dinkin around, the B is the man! If there were a rev team that flew strictly supersonics, then I'm sure that is what I would fly a lot.

After reading the posts it seems like the preference is for the vented Barresi.

It would be fun to try something new, (Supersonic) but I trust your input - especially those of you who have flown both kites.

I flew a Rev 1 once, I did not enjoy how slowly it flew.

It sounds like the Supersonic compares to the Barresi Vented as follows:

• Supersonic has a drastically lighter pull
  • Supersonic is way faster
  • Supersonic may get boring (Barresi wouldn't)
  • Vented B is a better all around kite
  • Vented B flies pretty much like my Standard B

For those of you who like the vented Supersonic, please elaborate on why you like it.

Thanks again.

Your advice really helps!

If you haven't been flying long you will have problems with the super sonic, its really fun its really fast with allot of practice it can be very precise.

I haven't seen any difference between a standard 1.5 vented and B-series vented aside from the package deal offered from the B-Series and the fact they match the standard B-Series. They pretty much fly the same as a standard 1.5 with the same frames from what I've experienced.

If you have a B-Series already and looking to get a vented go for the B-Series to match, you cant beat the dual frames and it would be much more versatile.

As far as this being the last kite you'll get they don't have an emote that laughs hard enough to respond to that, nice try and remember Denial it's not just a river in Egypt :kid_smartass:

Get a B-Series vented and get used to flying then you can get a vented Sonic and before long you'll want a blast and so on, accept this fate now it will be easier when the time comes.