Bit Quiet Around Here?

Buellbloke

So everyone moved over to Kitelife or something. Well am here better late than never lol Actually Lolly got me in, she's a good un :wub: where would Revolution Kites be without her.

I was on the verge of buying a Rev eX eX from a local distributor who had some orange ones on special as couldn't at the time afford the full normal priced ones they sold. He went and sold out the week before I had the wonga :o A friend from another forum mentioned a person who made Quads and maybe I should give them a shout. Long story shorter I bought this Quad, first flight was pretty good, decent south westerly breeze using 120ft lines it came with, lots of swoopy swoopy, the odd hover here and there, landing normal, landing inverted and re launch. Loops, one successful dive stop after several pulls instead of pushes. A happy bunny :rolleyes: Second flight winds were rough northerlies using recently acquired 80ft lineset from Jez Wharton. Practised my hovers and dive stops though more just as stops every time looked like kite might go down. Girlfriend was struggling to untangle the foil so landed the quad staked the handles and went over to help. Big mistake kite was landed but not proper parked, no sooner had I left it than it went into a violent spin and trashed a leading edge end spar. A few days later I'd bought another Skyshark Competition Tube and noticed that my entire leading edge was unbranded carbon, 7.5mm as opposed to the Skysharks 7mm. The verticals are Skyshark and the Quad was sold under the premise that it had a Skyshark frame. Regardless was a pretty violent spin. Third and final flight lent the Quad to a mate, you know the type, don't need instruction, never watched videos, a natural who couldn't fly it for toffees. He reckoned it would only spin in one direction, I took back the handles and span it back the other way he reckoned it wouldn't spin lol He said the kites not for him, well that was pretty obvious lol I then attempted several dives stops then land inverted, only couldn't get my head around the move. Each time the kite turned out of the stop to re launch, finally I fought with it and sent into another frantic ground spin. I recovered it only to watch the wing drop moments later as the opposite spar to the last one took the glued in centre peg out of the strut and through it. I will add that noticed one of the genuine Skyshark verticals had been repaired with an inserted carbon tube. So along with the trashed leading edge centre and one outer I obtained another vertical from the kites creator, re assembled the kite and sold it on. During all this Joe Hadzicki contacted me, guy is an awesome salesman where his kites are concerned B) with an offer and Lolly Hadzicki finalised all the details, as well as helping me with colours and gaining entry to this forum. Am getting a custom Std RX. I need Reflex and Club 38 Bigtime. Was my original plan all along and although I got sidetracked, I learnt a few valuable lessons. That landing inverted and park is a crucial first thing to learn. Got my gopro I'll soon be all ready :blink: 

R.W.B. Black tips.jpg

• 1 month later...