Revolution Event 2008

Felix

Congratulations on an amazingly successful fly. It was truly special to watch; I can only imagine how special this must have been to be a part of the megagroupfly. Watching this honestly brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait 'til we can attempt this (or something close and hopefully as successful) here in the U.S. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, this was the enduring memory of Portsmouth 2008:

Thanks for taking the pics and sharing them.

I would not have believed it happened otherwise. :lol:

I was in sheer agony during this moment, the wind was very strong for me even with all the brake on.

We'd only just had a practice and I was not rested enough for the long routine!

My arms couldn't take much more.

And I couldn't really enjoy the moment for fear of losing my kite to the pain :(

I am on purple vented near the top of the diagonal in the "2" next to Groz on Bluie ;)

I can now sit back watch and enjoy it (without the cramp in my forearms) :)

A spectacular moment in history...

congratulations to everyone for pulling it together and for the fantastic crowd who cheered us on :D

If I've done it right the Sunday Mega Fly is Here.

Mega ThanX Jade for shooting n sharing :D

Those kisses 11 minutes into the routine didn't really work that well in the grid (for me)

mainly due to all our lines being different lengths seeing as we were standing in different positions.

To the right I was kissing with a French Crazy driver,

then you turn around and have to shuffle forwards or backwards lots to find/meet your next pair on the left

(in my case a French FLIC flyer) so it may not have worked too well for me

but I was all French kissed out, weird and fun :wacko::blushing::lol:

Hello everybody !!!!

We had a great time to Portsmouth , thank you very much to all 4 lines pilots for this mega team fly, and congratulation to Stephen to lead everybody !!!!

Have fun to Bristol and see you may be in Dieppe !!!!

Damien "Crazy drivers"

Hi Damien, Its always good to see you, keep you eyes open for Ben, he's coming to Paris and may do some street flying.

Possibly near the Eiffel Tower.

Simon.

On Thursday evening the Decorators and 'families' (Jacob, Felix, Johnny, Romney) plan to eat at Zio's which is not far from the Press Preview site on the Downs. Pizza and Pasta and very good specials. Pizzas around £8 - 9 each, main courses £9 – 15. It's quite big and they take bookings. Tel. 01179 238 105. Jacob says, 'Once I get a better idea of numbers I can give them a call'.

If anyone checking in to the Redwood Lodge on Thursday who is 'not formally involved' in the Press Preview would like to join us please let us know.

The Press Call starts at 2:30 and will run through to 4:30 with a possible 'live TV spot' at 6:30pm.

Venue:- Ladies Mile, Durdham Downs, Bristol

Felix

For those worried about the possible lack of wind for the weekend, the models are now starting to forecast a bit more than they were yesterday. Saturday is now saying about 8knots and for Sunday some are saying upto 12knots.

No doubt it will all change before the weekend. We can but hope.

Congratulations on an amazingly successful fly. It was truly special to watch; I can only imagine how special this must have been to be a part of the megagroupfly. Watching this honestly brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait 'til we can attempt this (or something close and hopefully as successful) here in the U.S. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

Hi Laura,

It was truly amazing and totally dependant on all the individual fliers!

I have watched a couple of the posted videos and seeing some of the 'wobbles' I am glad that I was in 'blinkers' mode!

Happily, Stephen Hoath has nerves of steel.... <grins>

We are set to have a similar number of fliers this coming weekend. I have to admit to being even more apprehensive than I was last weekend. However we have established a wonderfully fitting way to celebrate the anniversary of Revolution Kites and also The Decorators so I will just have to get on with it!

Felix

50th Anniversary of the show. They will be on site on Sunday and flying kites including, I believe, Rokakku kites with the logo!

If the shield is still used I guess we could take that as the frame and do something with the 'ship'.

Felix

How about taking the Decs' and Revs' 20 in a box and making Blue Peter a 50 in a shield?

I really can't get my head around this so I definitely don’t expect our American cousins to grasp the enormity of it, but my 11year old self would be so proud to know that 40years later he would be celebrating Blue Peter’s 50th by taking part in World Record Attempt.

Does this mean I will finally get my hands on a Blue Peter badge.

How about taking the Decs' and Revs' 20 in a box and making Blue Peter a 50 in a shield?

I really can't get my head around this so I definitely don’t expect our American cousins to grasp the enormity of it, but my 11year old self would be so proud to know that 40years later he would be celebrating Blue Peter’s 50th by taking part in World Record Attempt.

Does this mean I will finally get my hands on a Blue Peter badge.

50 in a shield would be good. We would just need everyone in the frame to morph to the shield shape!

Hello Felix...

Good luck this weekend. I know it will be just a successful! I'll be there in spirit, too bad not in person. While flying here (on the east coast) I'll be sending good wind vibes your way :kid_smartass: .

Most importantly, have a great time!

Thanks for the vibes. We will do our best!

Felix

50 in a shield would be good. We would just need everyone in the frame to morph to the shield shape!

I can't wait to see the photos (just sorry I cannot see it in person). Now there's a real Rev marketing opportunity - how many potential young flyers would TV footage of that reach? Go for it!

:rockon:

Hi all,

We're looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend - and hopefully the weather gods will smile on us!

Just a few last minute things for anyone interested...

There isn't anything formal planned for Friday night, but if you're staying at the Washington or Clifton hotel we can recommend a few restaurants close to the hotel. Zizzi's is an Italian pizza, pasta place on 'the Triangle' about a 5 minute walk from the hotels (click HERE for googlemap). Around the Triangle and Park Street area are lots of other restaurants and cafes, and Brown's Bar and Restaurant is a good place to meet for a drink before or after (and it has outside seating).

We will be running a minibus (via Bristol Community Transport), picking up outside the Washington Hotel at 9.30 on Saturday and Sunday morning to take anyone staying at the hotels to site. You can also catch a lift back on Sunday evening at 6.15 (hopefully everyone will stay on site Saturday for the party!).

Also, there will be a special 'Rev up for Bristol' T-shirt available at the Festival, with a design by Jørgen Møller Hansen. If you would like to order the T-shirt after the Festival (£10 plus P&P), just drop us a line ([email protected]).

Thanks everyone and here's to a great weekend!

Avril & Lynn :)

A good day was had at Bristol today we learnt a lot, mainly about low wind tecniques.

I would like to sat a big congratulations to all 55 flyers that got their kites up let alone do anything with them.

All the teams did exceptionly well in the little to no wind we had today.

Note to self learn that long arm tecnique!!!!

Lets hope the forcasters are wrong for tomorrow and good luck.

A few pics here

http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?au...m&album=186

Thanks for posting Nic and Jade - great pictures, which make it almost look successful!

Sunday winds were better, but due to lack of flyers (loads who came on Saturday, didn't show up again on Sunday for some reason), the record was not broken on Sunday either. Only 36 or so in the grid, but pro flyers only :(

So, the record for Europe still stands at 47 at Portsmouth last Sunday, and the world record still stands from Japan at 48 - well done Japan, this is going to be a tough one to beat I think!

Great to get to fly with some ppl I hadn't flown with before in team - a great effort especially the newer flyers who all tried so hard on Saturday.

Cheers

Groz