Revolution Event 2008

Felix

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone wants originals of the pix, please bring a recordable CD / DVD or memory stick to Bristol.. and see me in the Redwood Lodge on Friday or Saturday night :)

Hezz

(mine's a pint of Strongbow, cheers!)

Boys, can we make that Alcohol free cider please, she will be flying Saturday :-)

//X

THE KITE SOCIETY wrote:

"We would just like to thank and congratulate everyone for the display this weekend - it was a fantastic achievement. "

Wot they said!

Though the skill of all the flying teams at Portsmouth was fab' the Rev' MegaTeam just blew me away. Thank you all so much - what a spectacle.

I'm new to the forum and feel a bit of a fraud as I've only just ordered my first ever Rev' a couple of hours ago. I've been interested for years but finally took the plunge after speaking to some MegaTeam flyers on Sunday who were really great and fielded my usual 'beginners questions' with knowledge and patience - great ambassadors.

Sorry folks but I doubt I'll be up to speed to join the Bristol Meagateam this year, lol, but I'll certainly be in the audience enjoying your efforts and grappling with my new Rev' 1.5JB in the public flying area.

The HippyChippy

IMHO introducing the kite to new people was a major objective of the weekend hippychippy. Come and have a fly with us with your new kite - everyone's more than happy to share what we have learnt. I have always wanted to fly with a hippy, especially one with chips!

We would just like to thank and congratulate everyone for the display this weekend - it was a fantastic achievement.

We are also so pleased to see that we have provided the space for the dress rehearsal.

Jon and Gill

Hi Jon and Gill,

The Grid Mega Team flew for the first time at Portsmouth. A world first <grins>

Thanks very much for a fabulous festival.

Felix

Hello Everybody,

and thank you for that amazing weekend -

I know i talk too much on the field and forget my toys there - so sorry for having bothering everybody with this - and thank you so much, Joe and Ben for my precious kite (and to Stephen i called 4 times!).

Simon - my sticks have yellow or white balls and i have them all !!! so the black one is not mine -

I wanted to thank everybody for the organisation, Felix and Stephen - and say how i'm glad to have finaly met so many people i only heard of for so much time - What a BIG familly....

Thank you Joe for the kite lessons - i'll put them on the web shortly

I'm very fustrated i cant come to Bristol, so i wish you a very great time

Alex

<snip>

I'm new to the forum and feel a bit of a fraud as I've only just ordered my first ever Rev' a couple of hours ago. I've been interested for years but finally took the plunge after speaking to some MegaTeam flyers on Sunday who were really great and fielded my usual 'beginners questions' with knowledge and patience - great ambassadors.

Sorry folks but I doubt I'll be up to speed to join the Bristol Meagateam this year, lol, but I'll certainly be in the audience enjoying your efforts and grappling with my new Rev' 1.5JB in the public flying area.

The HippyChippy

Hi,

I think that you may have been speaking to Jacob of the Decs amongst others!

It may be best if you introduce yourself to the assembled fliers again and do not try to fly in the public flying area at this early stage. I would hate it if you got cut down by some of the 'un-spectra-friendly' line that may be out there! We should be able to find space at some point in the Revolution Rehearsal arena and maybe helpful advice as Sailor99 has suggested.

Best wishes

Felix

<snip>

And a picture of the general fly:

<snip>

Thanks for posting the image and the link.

I really like the idea (without irony) that the image of the 'general fly' might be perceived as something that will happen in the future as a matter of course.

We have talked a little among some of the fliers about setting up an 'annual event' where 'Revolution Fliers' congregate. It could be at a different venue every year.

It would be good to hear ideas ahead of the Bristol event.

Thanks

Felix

Just wanted to say a huge public thanks to John, JD, Bazza and everyone else for all their tips over the weekend - had an absolute blast, and feel like I've progressed massively. I may not yet 'own my hover' but I've really got a grip on side slides and reverse flight and am now really keen to practice practice practice.

I was particularly chuffed I managed to fly through Kathy's lines a couple of times too - something I would not have dreamed of attempting on Saturday!

Have a great week chaps - I hope the weather does perk up a bit for you and presents you with something a bit more summery for Bristol!

Cheers! <chink>

Ant (& Kathy)

It's four years away but we could take the grid to Hackney Marsh in time for the London Olympics :)

Those linked 'circles' would be very easy to set up!

(Edited, Actually, not so easy but 36 kites could do the 5 circles...)

(Edited again, 23 could do 5 hexagons as well...)

That has to be one for next weekend!

Who will draw it?

Thanks

Felix

Five interlocking potatoes now there’s a thought. :g:

I don’t want to be negative but might the fact that they are interlocking be a problem? I guess this is one for more experienced minds than mine to look into but might it be easier (and I hope this makes sense) to have five sub-teams each creating a cookie with a bite out of it.

600px-Olympic_rings_square.svg.png

So the first team forms the majority of the blue ring and a small section of yellow (see attached image), obviously we won’t actually be working in colour. Then the second team forms the majority of the yellow ring and a small section of the blue and black rings. Then the third team forms the majority of the black ring and so on through green and red.

Woops! composed before Felix's edit I was thinking bigger. :)

Five interlocking potatoes now there's a thought. :g:

I don't want to be negative but might the fact that they are interlocking be a problem? I guess this is one for more experienced minds than mine to look into but might it be easier (and I hope this makes sense) to have five sub-teams each creating a cookie with a bite out of it.

600px-Olympic_rings_square.svg.png

So the first team forms the majority of the blue ring and a small section of yellow (see attached image), obviously we won't actually be working in colour. Then the second team forms the majority of the yellow ring and a small section of the blue and black rings. Then the third team forms the majority of the black ring and so on through green and red.

Ha! That has probably sorted it. The overlap should be a face to face pair... Back to the drawing board.

Thanks

Felix

Hezz team that you are?

I'm envious seeing the pictures, which I desire to fly with you friends.

On Friday see you.

Tonet.

Team Bolau.

I'm with The Flying Squad. B)

Should be at Bristol on Friday lunchtime ish.

see you all there

Hezz

p.s. re Bob's Olympic rings: why wouldn't we be working in colour? Custom made revs.. five of each colour.. now that would look impressive! :blue-love:

Just got back from a fabulous 4 days, and now collapsed in a chair in the kitchen enjoying a nice glass of red - Boy oh boy am I knackered and I don't think I have a muscle that isn't aching!

@ groz - Can't wait to see the full video - is it ready yet? ;)