• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Um yes! We will see how well the 'family' gets on. <grins>

A very exciting prospect...

17km/10m per hour from the SW sounds good to me but the current forecast suggests rain on Saturday at Portsmouth. Me, I never worry about the forecasts <grins>

A little lighter at Bristol maybe...

Mega Team 360s anybody?

Felix

Quote-------

Here is some more technical detail.

Please could anyone missing from the following list please let me know as soon as is possible. PORTSMOUTH list.

Thanks

Felix

-------

Hello Felix

Ill be flying with you guys if you accept me - i already arranged the thing with stephen Hoath at the Alcochete Festival (Portugal) and he told me there was no problem - i use to be part of the FLIC team - and i fly in the Lung Ta team now ( a 2 lines team with Thierry Helaine and Stephen Hoath wich does exhibitions ) so that you know i have no problemes with flying with a team -

I am coming over for the Portsmouth Festival with a red B' - so Please - prepare a rubbon for me and my friend Daphne de Corbin who will take some great videos -

See u next week -

Alex

Hello Felix

Ill be flying with you guys if you accept me - i already arranged the thing with stephen Hoath at the Alcochete Festival (Portugal) and he told me there was no problem - i use to be part of the FLIC team - and i fly in the Lung Ta team now ( a 2 lines team with Thierry Helaine and Stephen Hoath wich does exhibitions ) so that you know i have no problemes with flying with a team -

I am coming over for the Portsmouth Festival with a red B' - so Please - prepare a rubbon for me and my friend Daphne de Corbin who will take some great videos -

See u next week -

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for letting us know. Every little helps...

Best wishes

Felix

Quote-------

Here is some more technical detail.

Please could anyone missing from the following list please let me know as soon as is possible. PORTSMOUTH list.

Thanks

Felix

-------

Hello Felix

See u next week -

Alex

Alex you are welcome to fly with us any day. I may even be able to find you one of the Blue White and Blacks!

See you on the field.

Hello Stephen,

thank you so much - i would be very glad to fly under your colors and try to follow your lead -

See you on saturday morning

Alex

Alex, you can fly with us but only if you get Stephen to wear those lovely Lung Ta tight shorts !!!

- It will be the best we can do for you, as thanks for the videos you have posted of The Flying Squad, I found them very useful for "learning " the routines :blue_wink:

See you at the weekend Alex.

"learning " the routines

Whatever next?

Here is the latest version of the list of potential Mega Team participants!

I would hope to update this over the next two weekends for the Drachen Foundation records etc!

Thanks

Felix

Attachment edited at TFS request! Revised again 19/08/2008

RevDecs2008_Sheet1.pdf

Whatever next?

'Whatever next' is going to haunt me.

Where the organisers at Bristol know where field crew/fliers are staying they will receive car passes etc. as appropriate.

The etc. includes the Revolution/Decorators 'thing' on Saturday evening.

Please could all those participants (field crew and fliers) who are making their own arrangements and have not relayed information to the organisers let us know where to send passes etc.

Thanks

Felix

I am pleased to be able to report that Iquad, Ben and Joe have all arrived safely in Blighty.

Great to meet everyone and have a little chat, and it was certainly not a case of two nations divided by a common language. There was no division at all and in fact they were all great chaps, and we do not speak the same language at all: I became somewhat confused when JB threatened to put a sticker on my ass as I only own horses rather than donkeys. However I now understand he intends to put a sticker on my bottom. Just to be clear, if anyone should attempt to sticker my bottom I will be obliged to give them a large, wet kiss. You have been warned - although as Iquad will soon be appearing on National TV dressed as the Village People there is every chance they would enjoy the kiss ;)

Anyway, welcome to England all!

Oh, it's going to be one of those weeks. ;)

John, and don't forget if you are a smoker in the UK and you need to obtain a cigarette from a friend or colleague you say "I would like to bum a fag"

OH yes the week has started!!!

PS glad you brought the weather with you !!!

Its OK Simon, they guys are already atuned to British English - On arrival at the airport they were very keen to get outside having not had the opportunity to have a fag for some hours. I have yet to point out why British women wear a fanny bag with the pouch at the front though ;)

However I now understand he intends to put a sticker on my bottom.

I was trying to figure out why you used “bottom” and not “bum” then I realised a “bum” is a “tramp”, or is it that a “tramp” is a “slapper”, I’m confused.

How about “fanny”?

No, on second thoughts, perhaps that’s not a good idea. :kid_smartass:

We are getting ready to cross the channel tomorrow.

Looking forward to meet you all, we will bring some belgian beer.

Weather looks good, fingers crossed

A good festival for you all

Bettina, John

Hi John,

it'll be great to fly with you again! Oostende seems so long ago now...

Have a great trip over and see you Saturday

Cheers

Groz

I was trying to figure out why you used “bottom” and not “bum” then I realised a “bum” is a “tramp”, or is it that a “tramp” is a “slapper”, I’m confused.

How about “fanny”?

No, on second thoughts, perhaps that’s not a good idea. :kid_smartass:

Just don't mention Icecream...

You've lost me now, is this a Marianne Faithfull, Mars Bar sort of thing. :kid_devlish:

Whatever floats your boat Bob :D

No, I got this from a converstation I had about 30 years ago - my Uncle had just come back from a trip to the USA, and went through all the words that are different. Ice Cream was on the end of his list, but he simply said 'don't ever mention icecream'. I asked a few New Yorkers a few years back what the deal was with 'Icecream', but they simply ran away screaming....

I am also suprised that nobody has mentioned the many ways of frying eggs in the USA. We have 'fried egg'. That's it. But it seems there is a whole range of ways of cooking a fried egg in the USA. Once at a staff canteen in LA, I asked the chef to cook me every type of egg and explain what they were called. He was great and obliged (although I still had to pay for them all) - I think the count was around 12 types, but I'm dammed if I can remember them all! Although I must confess that some of the USA 'Fried Eggs' were strictly speaking scrambled, and there was definite paching going on at some points.

Have I gone off topic?

Cheers

G