Revolution Event 2008

Felix

Is not the venue at bristol having the normal camping area?(far side of the car park)

Hi all,

Just to answer that query - the on-site camping at Bristol is technically a 'crew' area, and this year we must reduce the numbers significantly to keep the council happy (as they approve our use of it and the overall site!). The rugby club camping is only a short walk away, and has proper showers and toilets (which is more than the crew area has!) :)

Look forward to seeing you in August!

Lynn and Avril

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

Two weeks have passed since we returned from Berck Festival and we are still catching breath. It was (again) a pleasure to fly along with all of you. We have made a lot of friends and we have enjoyed every minute there.

Here you can see a video while we were flying one of the "unofficial" megateams. It was a chance that Jose (from team Bolau) had his camera and could record this when he returned to the beach, after doing some DIY with his broken sunglasses....... Thanks Jose!

We hope you'll enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBdcvv_EXOU

There are also some pics:

http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?au...=si&img=534

We have just post our album in our web site with a little huge amount of pictures and some videos. You can visit it in http://www.bolau.org/ ==> Album de fotos

See you

We have just post our album in our web site with a little huge amount of pictures and some videos. You can visit it in http://www.bolau.org/ ==> Album de fotos

Hello Jose

Fantastic photos.

Great webpages, thanks for sharing :)

I love the ones from the more unusual places us mere public could not reach:

inside the kiters 'den', the party and not forgetting inside the arenas giving great close ups :)

(also thanks for putting all the street & town ones on too - great memories).

A totally unique perspective from the festival, well done.

Keep up the good work throughout the summer festivals,

Good winds

Jose> Email to be sent with our website details from the festival.

We hope you'll enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBdcvv_EXOU

Great to see the 'routine' evolve and change.

It seemed to work well with the 20 fliers.

Sometimes less is more. ;)

More arches single, double, triple whatever, cusps, please :)

Thanks for sharing Jose.

Note to Stephen> your ground arches are great *however* us crowds cannot really see them when viewed from behind the pilots because of the crowds. So doing them at various altitudes is a good idea (like on the video link above). ;)

Hello Jose

Fantastic photos.

Great webpages, thanks for sharing :)

I love the ones from the more unusual places us mere public could not reach:

inside the kiters 'den', the party and not forgetting inside the arenas giving great close ups :)

(also thanks for putting all the street & town ones on too - great memories).

A totally unique perspective from the festival, well done.

Keep up the good work throughout the summer festivals,

Good winds

Jose> Email to be sent with our website details from the festival.

Hi Fiona, thank you very much for your comments. Yes, my friends made a beautiful work capturing the "inside" of the Festival. I still can't watch those pictures without feeling a deep emotion :rolleyes: ....

See you

• 2 weeks later...
We figured out over the weekend some interesting possibilities for two 25 person teams in parallel.

This is not monkeys and typewriters just a severe case of synchronised swimming (in air of course) <grins>

I am sure that more will follow soon.

Felix

OK here is a 6 x 6 ..... at Uchinada

http://monkey.livejournal.com/2008/05/04/

OK here is a 6 x 6 ..... at Uchinada

http://monkey.livejournal.com/2008/05/04/

On this occasion the grid was set up by the first six fliers on the right hand end of the line of 36 taking up the top line of the grid. The next six flew up and moved in front. It might be best if the succesive lines were 'picked up' by the lines already flying as there is quite a distance to be covered. For a very large mega fly the 'set-up' could start from both ends of the line in which case the movement would need to be towards the centre!

I would be very interested to know which teams are comfortable with 'leading from the left' as this might be of help in a 'mirrored' configuration!

Thanks

Felix

(I was not flying in the mega team just running around on the ground! I did get to fly with iQuad on the previous day though!! <grins> )

One way of getting some nice dappled shade if it is too sunny!!

Baloo, like we need the shade.

It's a myth it is hotter down south.

The Midlands win on that score (with one minor exception Heathrow).

Each time we've been to Bristol it has been freezing and overcast. *;-/

Really curious to see how this all comes together for the mega finale: a whole arena just for revs ;)

Baloo, like we need the shade.

It's a myth it is hotter down south.

The Midlands win on that score (with one minor exception Heathrow).

Each time we've been to Bristol it has been freezing and overcast. *;-/

Really curious to see how this all comes together for the mega finale: a whole arena just for revs ;)

But Bristol is in the midlands from where I see it! (and I'm a Bristolian in excile)

No you got it all wrong Jonesey Bristol in the West from my point :)

Sorry Jay yes your right its the west midlands ... and how is it for you in the East Midlands?

And Jeremy dont let my old man hear you say that!.. he would be quoting how Bristol is reponsible for inventing everything from Concorde to the wheel! ... He is a one man Bristol tourist board ..... so any comment like that are greatfully received to be used against him... although I will be needing to be nice to the old folks if I want a bed for the Festival.... Hmmm

THANK YOU Felix, hard to imagine there will be almost DOUBLE that amount at Bristol.

Going six by six was pushing it in a light wind with fliers who were not, in hindsight, fully 'confident'.

I am thinking that two sets of five by six or five by seven would be good at Portsmouth/Bristol.

The pre-amble could be mirrored routines but obviously the space available will determine what is possible.

Felix

We just arrived home after a fantastic time at the Ostend kite festival (Belgium man).

We saw the following European teams come together in a mega-team fly on both Saturday & Sunday:

The Flying Squad (UK)

Crazy Drivers (France)

Team Time Out (Netherlands)

Team 4 Fun (Germany)

:clap;

If I have left anyone out I apologise, it has been a long weekend.

Thank you for letting us fly with most of you at some point this weekend ;)

Pictures to follow soon.

I'm buzzing so much right now I'll doubt I'll sleep tonight. :)

Like the Mexican wave,

Also we need to make sure who films has a wide angle lens !!!

36+ Kites needed a lot of space. Wide angle it is.

I have attached a tentative plan. Apologies if I am not adhering to the exact notation used elsewhere.

I am still in two minds about the 'get-in'. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Felix

Have we worked out the logistics of 50+ kites laid out on the ground, prior to launch?

Being unfamiliar with the fields at either Portsmouth or Bristol, I'm a bit apprehensive.

The sky plan makes sense, but we've still got to keep 50+ sets of 120' lines out of harms way. ;)