Felix

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Felix

Just wondering whether there will be any space for experienced individual fliers to join in the mega flys at Portsmouth and Bristol?

I don't fly with a team but hope that the plans can handle a few buskers! It would be a shame to miss out on the party

cheers, David

Hi David,

Thanks for your message. It was very much hoped that experienced individual fliers would become involved.

I have added your name to the list for Portsmouth and Bristol. As I am sure that you will appreciate, this provisional list does not imply any support from the organisers of the festivals. We need to let them know the level of interest!

Best wishes

Felix

Wow - what a list!! Just about every 'big' name I ever heard is on it - and I was wondering whether I should try to come down!! :confused!:

Fraser

Hi Fraser,

I am sure that both events will be very interesting!

Some of us are making arrangements for the week in between as well...

We need to know if individuals/teams would be available to take up this opportunity!

Felix

Hi Felix,

I can give you the correct names for Team Time Out.

We will be present in Bristol coming summer.

1. Ruud de Haas

2. Linda de Haas

3. Alard van den Bos

4. Marc van der Graaf

Have you maybe got any further information about places where we can stay during the event ?

We need to know if individuals/teams would be available to take up this opportunity!

Felix

Well Felix, I'm definitely up for it - started doing a bit of research to arrange it, but I'm afraid I'm not anywhere NEAR the point where I could make any kind of flying contribution, I'm afraid. But I'll be there supporting! :kid_smartass:

Hi Felix,

I can give you the correct names for Team Time Out.

We will be present in Bristol coming summer.

1. Ruud de Haas

2. Linda de Haas

3. Alard van de Bos

4. Marc van der Graaf

Have you maybe got any further information about places where we can stay during the event ?

Hi Ruud,

Thanks for the update.

At this stage I cannot help with specific information about accommodation.

Thanks very much for confirming your intention to attend and the names of the fliers. As soon as further information is available it will be forwarded to you.

Best wishes

Felix

Hi Ruud,

Thanks for the update.

At this stage I cannot help with specific information about accommodation.

Thanks very much for confirming your intention to attend and the names of the fliers. As soon as further information is available it will be forwarded to you.

Best wishes

Felix

It has been suggested that the Name for the Team at Portsmouth and Bristol should be 'Neots Omega'.

There are some variations on that which might not be so attractive.

It would be interesting to know if Revolution would allow this use of the name or if there are other suggestions.

Thanks

Felix

Hi all,

Great to see so much excitement about the Rev celebration at Bristol and Portsmouth this year!

The Bristol Festival does have a new website - www.kite-festival.org.uk (we had problems with our old site, so please use this new one as much as possible to help us get it noticed!!).

We have a page on the site for the Rev Anniversary - there's not much on there at the moment, but it will be updated once things are a bit more confirmed. We also hope to have a 'who's coming' list on there as well. So do check back!

Thanks and look forward to seeing you in Bristol in August!

- Avril and Lynn :)

Bristol International Festival of Kites and Air Creations

30 and 31 August 2008

Hi all,

Great to see so much excitement about the Rev celebration at Bristol and Portsmouth this year!

The Bristol Festival does have a new website - www.kite-festival.org.uk (we had problems with our old site, so please use this new one as much as possible to help us get it noticed!!).

We have a page on the site for the Rev Anniversary - there's not much on there at the moment, but it will be updated once things are a bit more confirmed. We also hope to have a 'who's coming' list on there as well. So do check back!

Thanks and look forward to seeing you in Bristol in August!

- Avril and Lynn :)

Bristol International Festival of Kites and Air Creations

30 and 31 August 2008

Hello Avril and Lynn,

I have noted that the Press Call is on the Thursday afternoon. Some of The Decs (Jacob and Felix at least) will be available on the Thursday. (We were thinking of suggesting going to Weston-Super-Mare to fly on the Friday.)

What is the situation with Ashton Court on the Friday? If an 'event' was set up for Friday evening would it be at Redwood Lodge or did you have another venue in mind?

I am hoping that we hear back from a few more teams soon (you know who you are <grins>) and will update the file and send it to you!

Best wishes

Felix

Hello Avril and Lynn,

I have noted that the Press Call is on the Thursday afternoon. Some of The Decs (Jacob and Felix at least) will be available on the Thursday. (We were thinking of suggesting going to Weston-Super-Mare to fly on the Friday.)

What is the situation with Ashton Court on the Friday? If an 'event' was set up for Friday evening would it be at Redwood Lodge or did you have another venue in mind?

I am hoping that we hear back from a few more teams soon (you know who you are <grins>) and will update the file and send it to you!

Best wishes

Felix

Hi Felix and co,

We are holding the press call on Thursday, 28th - it will be on the Downs from about 2pm. It would be great to have some Rev fliers there, as it will be a good chance for the national (and sometimes international) press to see what's in store for the weekend!

The Friday event/get together is still being confirmed, there are a few ideas being thrown around! We'll let all know as soon as it's sorted (but most likely will be at Redwood Lodge and will be open to all). I'll aim to get the Festival's website updated as soon as we have news (although pardon any delays - I'm in the Kite Office only one day a week on my 'day off' ;) ). But all ideas are welcome!!

Cheers,

Lynn

Dear Felix !!!

Of course we'll reach Portsmouth kite festival (4 Pilots) and Bristol kite festival (5 pilots), let us know when you get more informations ....

best regards

Dear Felix !!!

year 2008 seems to be revolution birthday..... Do you know if the organisators have plain to do anything for revolution team ??

Our team fly a lot indoor rev kite , it should be funny to make indoor demonstrations !!!!

Keep in touch !!! I hope you understand my english ....

Damien

(Crazy Drivers)

Dear Felix !!!

Of course we'll reach Portsmouth kite festival (4 Pilots) and Bristol kite festival (5 pilots), let us know when you get more informations ....

best regards

Hi Crazy Drivers,

I have added your additional flier to the Porstmouth list.

It wold be good if you could send me the names of the fliers and I will re-post the list.

Thanks

Best wishes

Felix

By the way, I forgot to mention that Team Bolau :blue-cool: will be present in one of the August events, we've not been able to confirm which one yet.

We are really exited :w00t: and happy :blue_wink: to have the opportunity to participate in such BIG reunion.

See you very soon ......

Hi Jose,

I had marked your team for Bristol but realise that this may not be correct.

Please let me know which event you could attend and the names of the fliers in due course.

As noted else where......<snip>

There is obviously some interest in the numbers who could attend <grins>

Thanks

Felix

Felix, for your spreadsheet You can add me where you wish, either under The Flying Squad or if they dis-own me as an experienced flyer.

Also, with experienced Rev flyers who dont feel upto being part of the BIG show, how about asking for volunteers as ground crew?

Regards Simon.

Felix, for your spreadsheet You can add me where you wish, either under The Flying Squad or if they dis-own me as an experienced flyer.

Also, with experienced Rev flyers who dont feel upto being part of the BIG show, how about asking for volunteers as ground crew?

Regards Simon.

Hi Simon,

I am not quite sure what you are trying to tell me here. It is not 'my spreadsheet' but just an attempt to gather the information together to pass on to the organisers at Portsmouth and Bristol so that they know what could be possible. <grins>

I think that your suggestion regarding ground crew is excellent. I think that we are aware, as you say, of individuals who may not feel confident in being part of the show but would like to contribute! I guess that they may be reading this and so would like to invite them to let us know of their interest.

As an aside, I understand that TC, Tony Cartwright, will be Field Director at both events and should be copied in on all planning discussions.

(They are not really going to dis-own you, are they? What did you do/not do?)

Best wishes

Felix

Regards Simon.

Simon,

Here is the latest version of the list!

Felix

Just thought we would pop in and echo the thoughts from Bristol - it is looking extremely good for Portsmouth!

If anyone has any questions about Portsmouth - logistics or otherwise then please get in touch. We hope to be able to help people who are coming in one way or another but it will ultimately depend on the number as budgets are not unlimited! Accommodation wise we are fortunate to have the University Halls of Residence within walking distance of the flying site so everyone should be able to be in the same place (if they want!).

We look forward to seeing many of you at Portsmouth (and the rest at Bristol as we will be there).

Jon and Gill Bloom

Well Felix, I'm definitely up for it - started doing a bit of research to arrange it, but I'm afraid I'm not anywhere NEAR the point where I could make any kind of flying contribution, I'm afraid. But I'll be there supporting! :kid_smartass:

Hi Fraser,

In the event that you were able to attend would you be able to 'field crew'?

We will probably need quite a few people to help TC at both events!

All the better if they know how a Revolution is put together!

Please let us know in due course.

Thanks

Felix

Hi Jose,

I had marked your team for Bristol but realise that this may not be correct.

Please let me know which event you could attend and the names of the fliers in due course.

As noted else where......<snip>

There is obviously some interest in the numbers who could attend <grins>

Thanks

Felix

Hi Felix,

We have not decided yet which event we will participate on, mostly because we are still finding flying alternatives (and I'm talking about airplanes now ;-) to both sites, flying from Bilbao or even maybe from Biarritz. It's all about time tables and airlines. We already know that EasyJet reaches Bristol and that Southapmton is the closest airport Portsmouth (isn't it?).

We are a little bit prone to Portsmouth because it is held during our summer holidays so we would not need any "extra day off" (we will depart on friday and return next monday), but anyway, still working on it.

We are happy now to confirm that we will be present in Valencia Festival (from 28 to 30 of march) and in Berck Festival (days 10-11-12-13 april).

It is a very good idea to include more events in the list so everybody knows "who is where".

These are our names, so you can update the document

- Fernando

- Tonet

- Jose

- Jose L. (aka Giuseppe) and

- Nati

Warm regards from Team Bolau

Hi Felix,

We have not decided yet which event we will participate on, mostly because we are still finding flying alternatives (and I'm talking about airplanes now ;-) to both sites, flying from Bilbao or even maybe from Biarritz. It's all about time tables and airlines. We already know that EasyJet reaches Bristol and that Southapmton is the closest airport Portsmouth (isn't it?).

We are a little bit prone to Portsmouth because it is held during our summer holidays so we would not need any "extra day off" (we will depart on friday and return next monday), but anyway, still working on it.

We are happy now to confirm that we will be present in Valencia Festival (from 28 to 30 of march) and in Berck Festival (days 10-11-12-13 april).

It is a very good idea to include more events in the list so everybody knows "who is where".

These are our names, so you can update the document

- Fernando

- Tonet

- Jose

- Jose L. (aka Giuseppe) and

- Nati

Warm regards from Team Bolau

We will await your decision!

I have added Valencia and Berck to the list so if other European teams could let me know their intentions I will mark them up as well!

Best wishes

Felix

PS To moderators, can the previously up-loaded files be deleted? Ta, Felix

Hi Felix,

Time Out is coming to Berck sur Mer also, but only for the first four days, you can put our names on the list.

Regards,

Ruud

Hi Ruud,

I will have to make the list a bit more specific for Berck so that it is clear that there are two weekends!

Thanks

Felix

Not sure if this is a good palce to post it but.. I'll do it anyway.

I've removed my old web site and created a site for soem old photos

I've started with some pics of the Decs back in time. Its at www.SimonDann.com

PS. I have a very old picture of Carl Robertshaw, Scott Augenbaugh & John Barresi - all outstanding Rev pilots.

Not sure if this is a good palce to post it but.. I'll do it anyway.

I've removed my old web site and created a site for soem old photos

I've started with some pics of the Decs back in time. Its at www.SimonDann.com

PS. I have a very old picture of Carl Robertshaw, Scott Augenbaugh & John Barresi - all outstanding Rev pilots.

Which year were the photos taken? I cannot 'remember' when we first had Jørgen Møller Hansen sails.

How many of TFS will be at Valencia? Are you at Berck as well, first or second weekend?

We need to know <grins>

Felix