• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Please put Portsmouth 23-24 August 2008 and Bristol 30-31 August 2008 in your

diaries for a possible Revolution event!

Thanks

Felix

(The Decorators)

Dear Felix !!!

year 2008 seems to be revolution birthday..... Do you know if the organisators have plain to do anything for revolution team ??

Our team fly a lot indoor rev kite , it should be funny to make indoor demonstrations !!!!

Keep in touch !!! I hope you understand my english ....

Damien

(Crazy Drivers)

Dear Felix !!!

year 2008 seems to be revolution birthday..... Do you know if the organisators have plain to do anything for revolution team ??

Our team fly a lot indoor rev kite , it should be funny to make indoor demonstrations !!!!

Keep in touch !!! I hope you understand my english ....

Damien

(Crazy Drivers)

Hi Damien,

Discussions are under way between various interested parties and there should be some celebration but the precise form has not been discussed at this stage. I think that it would be safe to say that any celebration would feature team flying!

I understand that light wind team flying went well at Portsmouth this year!

Best wishes

Felix

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I have just heard tha Dieppe 2008 is from 6th - 14th September following on after the Portsmouth and Bristol weekend events!

The Decs will not be going to Dieppe.

The Revolution theme for Bristol Kite Festival 2008 has basically been confirmed by the organisers. Now we have to get down to the details...

OK, so I have now basically got confirmation that The Decorators, Iquad and The Flying Squad will be at Portsmouth 2008.

Some of the Decs are planning to 'be available' between the Portsmouth and Bristol events with a mind to maybe travel to Bristol and using it as a base to go out and fly (Weston-Super-Mare, The Downs?) and do any PR stuff that is needed. We might even throw a bit of a party somehow <grins>

What we need to do now is gauge the level of interest!

Avril Baker and Martin Lester have suggested that an additional arena would be made available for the Revolution Fliers! We would be able to 'fly all day' as well as doing specific arena presentations!

OK Felix. We will keep our eye on this thread. We have to wait for the sign off from our sons surgeon through the Xmas period, but after that we can start to confirm plans. We are trying to put something together to come back for Portsmouth/Bristol, Bristol/Dieppe or some combination of all 3.

Keep up the great work.

Mark.

Looks like almos all the folks I want to see fly are going to be in the same place at the same time.

Will have to sort those dates out.

Might have to make Portsmouth and Bristol this year.

I hope it all works out.

I have the Flying Squad and Crazy Drivers signatures on my Rev bag. Hope to get a few more on there next year.

wOw.

Very cool stuff Felix, thanks for everything you do. ;)

Happily it is now other people who are making the plans! I am hoping to hear who will attend. It would very interesting to do something on the scale of Tokyo Bay. There is a very big audience at Bristol...

• 3 weeks later...
Happily it is now other people who are making the plans! I am hoping to hear who will attend. It would very interesting to do something on the scale of Tokyo Bay. There is a very big audience at Bristol...

Does anyone here have the details of Rev fliers from Hawaii who possibly visited Berck Plage in 1990 or thereabouts. One of them provided a particular inspiration to The Decorators in respect of the ways we could fly the kite at that time.

Thanks for any pointers!

Felix

Does anyone here have the details of Rev fliers from Hawaii who possibly visited Berck Plage in 1990 or thereabouts. One of them provided a particular inspiration to The Decorators in respect of the ways we could fly the kite at that time.

Thanks for any pointers!

Felix

It was Alan Nagao!

Felix