Rev training day in the UK

Stephen Hoath

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob,its a pitty you wont be comeing.I have to say,of all the people i wanted to see,you are around the top of the list.

If you change your mind or if you get a train/coach/i will pick ya up from wherever you need.

BRIAN..

ps,upside, we get more ONE ON ONE with STEPHEN :)

BRIAN..

ps,upside, we get more ONE ON ONE with STEPHEN :)

Be careful what you wish for!

Anyway, see you all on the beach around 10ish. We can always start earlier on Sunday if there is a demand. I am very excited about the trip as I haven't been up to that part of the UK for some time and it is always good to see some new faces. In kiting there are no strangers, just friends you haven't met yet.

Bob,its a pitty you wont be comeing.I have to say,of all the people i wanted to see,you are around the top of the list.

If you change your mind or if you get a train/coach/i will pick ya up from wherever you need.

Many thanks Brian I’m honoured. But I really don’t think I will be able to make this trip.

PM sent

Gettin GIDDY now thinkin about the weekend.From the early forecasts we wont be short of wind.The forecasts at Ainsdale by local gurus have been notoriously hit and miss though.

Ive left home 35miles away in a monsoon,Fog,alsorts of nasty stuff that would stop ya puttin the Dog out.Arrived at Ainsdale and its been fine.We shall see.Three more gerups and jobs a goodn :mf_party:

BRING IT ON,,,,,,,YES,YES.

BRIAN...

Gettin GIDDY now thinkin about the weekend.From the early forecasts we wont be short of wind.The forecasts at Ainsdale by local gurus have been notoriously hit and miss though.

Ive left home 35miles away in a monsoon,Fog,alsorts of nasty stuff that would stop ya puttin the Dog out.Arrived at Ainsdale and its been fine.We shall see.Three more gerups and jobs a goodn :mf_party:

BRING IT ON,,,,,,,YES,YES.

BRIAN...

If you're goimg to dance like that, then I'm not coming :P

Well I intend to be there and get some good tips off the experts. I secretly expect I have developed a load of bad habits over the last few years of flying - so it might be a rather painful learning (or re-learning) experience! And I really hope I can try my hand with some team flying - always wanted to, but never had a chance. Just need to cobble together some long lines.....

Roll on Saturday. :-) Looking forward to it.

Jan

Well I will be standing up to my knees in cold water and mud from about 06:30 to late in the evening on Sat, teaching some folks how to winch a Land Rover. There is a special event at work, I dont normaly work that long hours thank goodness.

I know where my mind will be most of the time though.

Have a good weekend folks, hope the weather is good to all of us.

I dont think Stephen will mind me haveing a quick head count.I have so far

Stephen[THE BOSS i beleive :blue_wink: ]and his Family

Me[big Bri]

Dave[Dave B]

Pudders[steve]

Clare[we need a name for]

Kitejan[dont know]

Any L[we need a name for]

Are all DEFO.I have a few MAYBEs.

CANT WAIT,2 More GERRUPS.

Good call Clare with the brews,i will bring someing and have a word with Steve and Dave about some refreshment type stuff.

BRIAN...

BRIAN...

I dont think Stephen will mind me haveing a quick head count.I have so far

Stephen[THE BOSS i beleive :blue_wink: ]and his Family

Me[big Bri]

Dave[Dave B]

Pudders[steve]

Clare[we need a name for]

Kitejan[dont know]

Any L[we need a name for]

Are all DEFO.I have a few MAYBEs.

CANT WAIT,2 More GERRUPS.

Good call Clare with the brews,i will bring someing and have a word with Steve and Dave about some refreshment type stuff.

BRIAN...

BRIAN...

I am also hoping that we will see Fraser on Saturday but that is not definate.

Looking good for the weekend. It would help a great deal if you all had an idea of 1 thing you would like to achieve during the day. So far it looks like team flying is on the cards. I will bring two Rev trains (7 rev 2) in case anyone is feeling brave. Other than that I thought we might take a little look at how body position/stance influences flying, when to move and when to stand still. oh yeah and be prepared to do a lot of reversing into the corners of the window. (it's easier than you think and I'll show you a few "cheats" to get started)

ps, mine's tea no sugar :blue_wink:

Sweet enough are ya Stephen :)

Hope Fraser can do the trip.will be great to meat you both and kitejan.

I hope your pleasantly suprised at our Skill level in some areas.

See ya all Saturday,I will be ther at my usual time, AS SOON AS ITS POSSIBLE TO SEE THE KITE.

7.45at the latest while most of you are :ani_sleep:.I will have a few Revs set up and ready.Thers a 200ft hight limit,but i will send up a SLK as a pointer or :sign_welcome:

BRIAN...

Hello Peeps,

Thank you Stephen and Bri - that's nice of you both to say. :kid_content:

Circumstances are conspiring against me somewhat, meaning that I can only take advantage of Saturday. In addition, plan after plan has been thwarted by one thing or another meaning that the only sensible option is for me to get up proper early and come down and go home by train on the same day.

So that's the plan unless anything else goes pear-shaped. :kid_brooding:

Clare - after a 4:30 gerrup and four hours travelling before I even get there, I shall need a cuppa waiting for me upon arrival! :kid_drool:

Fraser

Looking forward to it!

My 'hope' for the weekend is to try team flying since I have never done it and it looks like fun! But linked to that I just would like to have pointers as to where I'm going wrong, and best things to try in order to improve (so nothing much then). I guess backwards flying - well more like precission-backward-flying-under-full- control-at-all-times - is something I need help with.

But really it will be nice to meet up with other Revolution fliers.

Don't know if that helps! :blue_wink:

Oh yes - I will be there both days.

Jan

It would help a great deal if you all had an idea of 1 thing you would like to achieve during the day. So far it looks like team flying is on the cards.

Im not particularly looking to learn anything new, just hoping to get some more flying experience, my revs havent been out the bag for 2-3 months :angry: .

I will only be able to make saturday as i have to do some work for uni on sunday. Will be there as soon as the other half will drive me :) , hopefully about 9:00-9:30.