New Member From Michigan

scottwolfe

I'm a proud new owner of a Rev RX and just joined the forum.  I live in the southeast Michigan area (South Lyon).  I've been flying some 2 line kites for a few years now.  I saw a Revolution demonstration at a local kite festival in my area.  I was amazed and had to have one.  I've been saving my pennies and finally got one for Christmas.  I've been watching all the Club 38 videos and waiting for the weather to break!  I finally got out to fly it.  WOW, it was a challenge!  I realized I have some two line kite habits to break.  It's been fun but looks like a steep learning curve.  Are there any other guys flying in the area?  I'd love to watch and learn from some experienced flyers!  Any words of wisdom!?

If you're learning on your own without an experienced teacher, it could take a few hours of trial and error before you learn basic control.  With a guide who knows how to teach, it can be much quicker.

There are some kite people, including SkyBurner Kites located nearby, you could contact the stores to help you look for experienced people to fly with.

If nobody chimes in from the region and you still can't find people, it looks like there is the Lyon Township Kite Festival on June 1 and 2. Often teams will arrive a few days early and spend time learning the field and practicing, that's a good time to get to know them, watch, and learn a few things.

Thanks for the response frob!  The Lyon Township Kite Festival is where I saw Rev's for the first time!  I will certainly visit that show and it will be fun to talk to them.  I'll have to get their schedule while they are at the show!  That field is where I went for my first flight and will certainly be back!

I'll also have to look into SkyBurner Kites in Plymouth, thanks for the suggestion.  

I've noticed this Forum has been pretty quiet.  Are there other forums and resources that Rev flyers use to share and communicate?

• 2 months later...

I haven't flown in a few years, but I'd be happy to fly with you once my son's baseball season winds down.  I'm in Northville.  I'd also support getting in touch with the Trennepohls' at Kites and Fun Things/Skyburner kites.  They coordinate a group of fliers that are fairly active.