B2 revolution or reflex

Wiggle

Question

I have a B2 I purchased 2/3 months ago and have fallen in

love with it <3 

Im contemplating buying spare rods/ lines so why not buy a new complete mid vent with  rods etc :-)? 

My question is am I investing good money into an old system! 

Should I just buy a few spare rods etc or buy into a new system, reflex (xx..,, etc) in the hope I will learn to love it! 

3 answers to this question

Not good or bad, just different. You probably won't really notice much of a difference until you have 100 to 200 hours of experience. Which one you may prefer eventually is anyone's guess at this point. Too many variables to consider, and it will depend on the type of flying style you develop. It's a lot like asking which is better, blue or yellow. You may eventually prefer red over both of them.

• Like 1

B2s & the Rev2 are both models 2 tons of fun!, shorter line lengths become appropriate and a spanking ability highlighter tool for sure, if you want that.

Reflex technology is fun too, nothing wrong just completely different.  If you had ten thousand hours "one way" imagine how tough it would be to go into a new & different direction from your own highly practiced way!  Heck it would feel downright unnatural.

Each time a new thing comes out, we have to learn all over again.  Only having one kite makes this easy, but a long time collector has too many kites to "be one with each and every one of them"  Some try to modify each example into what they want, occasionally with success.  Almost nobody likes a stock indoor Rev the 1st time they touch it, but it can grow on you and be improved upon with a little work.  Why introduce a model in-between the beloved Rev 1 and the rocket kite Rev2.  Did anybody way back then think that misbegotten size would take off?, well it become the 1point5 platform.  Now the reflex is upon us, another new direction, maybe it succeeds and maybe it doesn't.  It doesn't feel like the old stuff! Well, do you embrace it or cast asunder.  

First of all, can you afford to acquire and carefully compare each model or are you going to let others influence your buying decisions?

Do you have enough experience to say where you'd like something changed to better suit your own preferences?  You'd have to be a pretty good client to deviate from the approved standard.  You'd certainly have to pay extra too.  How well do you know yourself?

The road of discovery is many times more delightful (compared to the final destination, unless you just don't want to give up and try to learn it all over again in a new way). Personally?,.. I've had to unlearn and relearn a whole bunch of times.  I know how I like the kite to feel too,...my definition of perfection in flight dynamics is single the word "neutral".