Newbie near Dunstable

Ferret

Greetings,

New Rev flyer here, actually been flying for a month or so now (and already broken two spars!). Been flying stunt kits for many years and saw the Revolution at the Dunstable Downs kite festival for the first time ever this year, fell in love with it quickly and got one for my birthday.

Have met up with Bill (oapbillf) and made several new friends on the downs, and crash a lot less than before now, thanks to their help and advice. My daughter seems to be a natural with the rev, so I may need to be purchasing a second kite in the near future too!

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Definitely get together with the guys who regularly fly at Dunstable Downs. Their experienced advice will help you learn more quickly. We have all been through the same learning process -- which really never ends -- and those folks will get you to the point you would achieve in a year on your own in a couple or three outings. Plus it's not as boring as flying alone.

• Like 3