I'm very confused....

eagle2508

Question

I've been flying kites for a little while now, started on two line, moved to a four line power kite but I really really fancy buying a Revolution :)

I'm based in the UK and can only find one decent retailer that either has them in stock and that's still in business.

I've read through so many posts about version, 1.5 difference to 2 etc etc but when I go to this website I'm just confused as hell to what is what etc...

http://www.kiteworld.co.uk/acatalog/Revolution-Kites.html

Which one should I be buying? I don't know if I can stretch my budget over £260... Mostly the wind around my favourite spot is 8mph-15mph but can get pretty windy up there! It's not unusual for it to get 20mph winds with 25mph-30mph gusts.

Any others from the UK on here?

20 answers to this question

If you can meet up with others before you buy, it will help you decide on what is best suited for your area. Experienced pilots know how to setup, fly, and can make recommendations on what is best suited. They can be an invaluable tool in helping you along the path - I suggest you use them as much as possible! Might even have some good used gear!

But a warning - this is no "one perfect kite fits all" situation! That's why there are so many different models in each series, to match the correct kite to the wind conditions of that day!

Good Luck!

• Like 2

Definitely fly with some of the guys in the UK. Someone may be willing to part with a nice used one for a decent price, and they will be able to give you much better advice as to which way you should go, standard, vented......, as opposed to anyone on this side of the big pond. Tons of fliers in the UK. You should be able to hook up with someone. Drive 200 miles if you have to. It will be definitely worth your time.

• Like 1

Hi Eagle2508,

Don't buy... Find a pilot in the UK and have first a chat and feel if you really want to go in Revolution flying (but beware..... Dangerous desease....you end up with a bag full of kites) If not in the member map try facebook and become member of rev/revo geeks .... A lot of UK flyers are active in this group.

• Like 1

Any Rev fliers in the Gloucestershire area on here? Would love to meet up with someone experienced for a chat and see a Rev fly

its my guess that when Bill PMed you he invited you to meet him on Dunstable Downs, trust me it's well worth the drive he and graham will set you on the right path..
  • Like 1

its my guess that when Bill PMed you he invited you to meet him on Dunstable Downs, trust me it's well worth the drive he and graham will set you on the right path..

He did :) it's a bit of a hike but I think it'll be worth it!

• Like 2

And I'd like to say, I'm very glad I've met up with Bill, Graham & Stone in Shoe Bob, they've helped me a lot, great guys, great atmosphere - well worth the trip (though for me, it is pretty local)

Just have to hope my curse of there nearly always being no wind, or too much wind whenever I get chance to go flying will cease at some point !

• Like 2

On 11/4/2016 at 10:21 AM, portlandflyer said:

Reply box here! Is this a topic post or a status update? We have had reply options on updates, but not on topiocs.

EDIT: old threads still have reply boxes, but not the new ones since the upgrade. Status posts do, threads don't.

If you click quote and then go to the bottom of the page, you can chime in. It's kinda odd, I'll look into it

Reply boxes are back on the topics as before, but it does look like people's status updates are automatically being made public. I tried changing my status updates on settings, but could only turn them on or off. Looks to be the only choice. Doesn't look like I can change what I see from others, just my own.

Sorry for the hijack - using this thread as a testing of the system!

I just felt it really didn't belong as public, that's all. Felt like it just cluttered up the forum with stuff really not even on a kiting subject. Seemed like some were using their status updates like an email, putting personal things out there that had no kiting content. Just IMHO

• Like 1