Met a Revolution Master Craftsman today..(Eliot Shook)

riffclown

So I met a master craftsman today. I was down in OBX and decided to make the trip up to Flying Smiles Kites. I met Eliot Shook again for the first time. We had met briefly a few years back. I was in awe as I looked around at his handiwork. A saw a few ready to go to their lucky owners and another in work. I'd flown one of his Mesh kites last year but this is the first time I've had the chance to really take the time to inspect his craft. I want a Shook Mesh more than ever now. His handiwork is second to none and his store is a "must stop" if you're ever in the area at all..

We spent a while discussing kites that belonged to a mutual friend. I want to expand that stack and the colors just ain't out there any more. More on that later but the search isn't over.

Elliot, it was a pleasure meeting you, talking with you and thanks for the advice and for your commitment to the flying community.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your acquisition of an extraordinary kite. Never thought I would get one but I got mine a while back. Definitely a different feel on the lines. As it is one of my more expensive kites it seems like I only fly it under ideal conditions. But as I get older I am realizing that I need to use all the good things I've been saving. So I say get out there & wear it out. SHBKF

large.Rev_1.5_kites_to_stack.jpg.1cb4ea1

• Like 1

Looks like you're getting a stack ready.. I see the Stacking lines AND the attachment loops.. Very nice color scheme..

I hear ya on the fly it if you have it.. I only hesitate to fly anything if there's a chance of it getting wet.

Is that a Supersonic peeking through back there??

• Like 1

Looks like you're getting a stack ready.. I see the Stacking lines AND the attachment loops.. Very nice color scheme..

I hear ya on the fly it if you have it.. I only hesitate to fly anything if there's a chance of it getting wet.

Is that a Supersonic peeking through back there??

The picture was taken to show the stack work in progress. Also notice the Swiss Army knife, all kite fliers should carry one. The other kites just happened to be on the table at that time. Yes, that is a Supersonic vented. I have two identical vented ones & have recently acquired an older standard. So a three stack super-duper is a possibility. The Rev hoard has gotten a bit crazy no doubt. SHBKF

IMG_1380.thumb.JPG.c6d9570b3d752213d150b

• Like 1