Race Rods

Nigel GF

Question

11 answers to this question

Like John said - not really useful for a vented, other than lowering the wind range of the sail. They have a different flex/rebound action than the "wrap" rods. Some really take to it, others struggle with them. Considering where you are at in your flying - spend more time flying, less time buying!

And again - it will pay to try some first!! Get together with some other fliers and ask if anyone has some you can use. Then you can make up your own mind, being better informed.

• Like 1

Just remember that low wind flight is dictated mostly by pilot ability and equipment makes up a small percentage of that equation.

I use the heavier frames regularly back home because I have to fly on shorter lines and get some strong wind, but when I'm in the USA with longer lines I don't need it very often.

I did a write-up on the different rods available for the 1.5 model kites that may help understand a little about the different types. You can find it here: http://www.awindofchange.com/product/rev-15-comp-frames.html

It doesn't include the Green Race or the Diamond rods, but all others are there.

• Like 1

Guest TDoG-Thunder

I did a write-up on the different rods available for the 1.5 model kites that may help understand a little about the different types. You can find it here: http://www.awindofchange.com/product/rev-15-comp-frames.html

It doesn't include the Green Race or the Diamond rods, but all others are there.

I am little confused ... and I am still learning ... 18 rods (image) for $75 ?

comp-1-5frames-250_245x275.jpg

Save on complete frame sets. Each frame set is specially designed to fit into your Revolution kite and comes with every rod needed to completely frame your Revolution Kite.

We currently have 3 types of complete frame sets for you to choose from.

I am trying to understand which is which ... $75 is just for 5 standard rods ? or the whole thing in the image for $75 ?

How many rods is complete frame exactly ?

I know that my B-Series have 5 standard rods ...