Starting a kite club at my college

JPhelps

Hey All,

I'm in the process of starting a kite club at my college and wanted to start a Rev team as part of it. I have found it surprisingly easy to get people interested, just hand them the lines and watch them get hookedkid_happy.gif . I was wondering if anyone had ideas for ways to raise funding for a club like this because other than the serious fliers in the club nobody has the money for a Rev. (We have 2 Rev fliers out of 15) I'm a fairly new Rev flier (three months or so now) and I love flying all kinds of kites. I figured this was the best way to spread the love of kites. Any comments on the club are welcome, its a work in progress and I figured any input would help.

-Jeff

• Like 1

Welcome!

My suggestion is to ask on the many forums, for good used equipment. Lots of folks looking to get something new, might be willing to part with something old. But the key is asking - and being ready to move if you get the offer!

Possible sites: here, Kitelife, GWTW (gone with the wind), and a few others.

Good luck!

Thanks, that seems like a great idea. Is there a certain thread I should ask under on this site or is this fine? I'll go through and ask on the other sites in the next few days as free time comes up. I'm so happy that I've already gotten so many people into kiting. Also if anyone is interested in flying we're at RIT (northern New York) hit me up and we can definitely set something up.