Line length

kevmort

Question

Hi guys due to a slight mishap I had with my 5 meter power kite I now have the opportunity to make some new lines for my exp as I now have a 80 foot power line and a 80 foot 8 inch power line with two 80 foot brake lines lol , I have one set of standard lines for my exp but would like some shorter line sets but what length should I make them for a newbie?

Thanks

Kev

7 answers to this question

Try a 30 foot and see how you like them. Things happen fast and it's a small window. However it opens up a lot of places to fly where you normally wouldn't. Street lines are quite intimate and you really get personal with your kite.

Even up the remainder which would be close to 50 which is great for the middle ground between your standard (80 feet I'm guessing) and the new 30's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah all the lines are the same length bar one that's 8 inches longer now so I can make a new set for my exp with just the one end of the lines being adjustable 😊

Thanks I can make several sets from the lines I have to make them with just need some sleeving now 😊

Try a 30 foot and see how you like them. Things happen fast and it's a small window. However it opens up a lot of places to fly where you normally wouldn't. Street lines are quite intimate and you really get personal with your kite.

Even up the remainder which would be close to 50 which is great for the middle ground between your standard (80 feet I'm guessing) and the new 30's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kev,

I made up a 30ft set from a spare 80ft set then used the remaining to make up a set that ended up at 47ft, unsleeved and with pull off,s.

Remember that you will only use these short sets for solo flying therefore the lengths are not critical !

I must admit I prefer using the 47ft, I am to ham fisted for the shorter ones !

Bill

PS This coming weekend, 25th/26th is the Dunstable Downs Kite Festival, all are welcome !

https://www.facebook.com/DunstableKiteFestival?fref=ts