My first mod

BookBoy

I've down been flying a rev for all of a couple of weeks and there's been one little thing that has been a slight niggle even though it hasn't really affected performance.

So I performed my first mod. And now the cord on my Rev sleeve actually holds the top closed :-)

post-5602-0-12490600-1426156082_thumb.jpg

post-5602-0-12482400-1426156143_thumb.jpg

Looks good, and functional. I have found the entire closure on the new style Rev sleeves to be mildly annoying in comparison to the ones that had no draw cord. Just another step in the setup and breakdown and that opening on the side makes it more difficult to put the kite in the sleeve, especially if your hands aren't as young as they used to be..

I do like the new graphics and the lack of "funeral" purple on the sleeves and that the graphics give you a clue to which kite is in it.

Check this thread again when you begin wondering, "How can I improve my kite's performance?", for all sorts of things you can do to the kite too.

Nice goin'!

That draw chord makes me nervous.... too easy to lose a stick. I fold the top of the bag over and put the draw string over that. Not perfect, but better than doing nothing. On my Rev ii I have a couple of bag clips, like for potatoe chips. Works ok, but it looks dumb and makes me hungry...........

My solution is to tie a "knot" with the drawstring. A picture would probably help, but I forgot to take one, so let me try to explain. I'll add a picture later if I remember.

Basically, I pull the draw string out as much as I can so the top of the bag is closed. Then treat the drawstring and the top of the bag as one rope. Tie an overhand knot. The length of the drawstring (at least on mine) is just perfect so that it goes all the way around the top of the bag and back underneath itself, with the knot holding the two ends of the drawstring together keeping the "knot" I just made from coming apart. Haven't lost anything yet, even with the extra frame hanging around in there loose.

I bought some paracord and toggles in 4 colors that have 2 slots in them. The toggle colors (and bag colors) denote Rev inside: yellow, purple, blue, black. When we used just the bag colors for std, mv, fv, xv we had to pull the sleeve out of the bag to see which we had. (life is tough!!!) With the colored toggles we can see at a glance which kite to grab. Another unnamed Rev flyer asked me if there were Clif Notes for this system!

The toggles hold tight and are perfect for the diameter of the paracord.

I bought some paracord and toggles in 4 colors that have 2 slots in them.

I have several colours of paracord lying around so my long term plan is to colour code. But since I still have just the one Rev, it's a bit redundant for me :-)