Power Blast 2-4?

Dave362

Question

I hope this is the right place for this inquiry, appologies if its not...

So I finally watched the video that came with my New NYM. The segment with Joe flying the smaller power blast blew me away! I've got some big foils but this looked like the perfect size to have some fun with power/traction without getting dragged to Boston... I also like the de powerable control without having to be harnessed to the kite.

My question is, does anyone know the sail area of this kite, how many meters it is? Thanks in advance. This forum has been really helpful and friendly.

Thanks,

Dave

6 answers to this question

http://www.revkites.com/kite-product/revolution-power-blast-2-4

You can follow the link on the upper left of the forum screen that will take you to the Rev main page. Look on the left column for products and search for the item. There is a tab for specs on the product page.

BTW, it's not specified on the 2-4 details but the name derives from the power of a 4m foil on a 2m sail. It specifies it on the 4-8 product description.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Just what I needed to know. I did a bunch of power kiting a few years ago. Mostly mountain boarding with foils. A lot of times I did it inland, so with the rough winds it got a little dicey sometimes, especially using my de-powerable 7 meter with a harness. Thing is, they don't really de-power as much as you think, and the harness system, given the right situation, can be harder to release than all the safety measures lead you to believe. This 2-4 seems like a much better deal, especially inland. I had a situation with my 5 meter on handles. It had kite killers, but one time I got into trouble and let go of the handles, enabling the killers, but the wind didn't go out of the sail as it should have. Short story, you're still tied to the kite, and I got banged up a bit that day. In my defense, I had many many rides and jumping sessions that went great, so I think I knew how to safely operate the equipment. At the beach, over a period of about 3 years I had no problems. I'm just saying, for a little boarding at the local ball field, the rev looks like way less hassle and a bit safer as well. Just my thoughts.....

Dave

There is no doubt that the Power Series Revolution kites have some great assets. In the gusty mountain winds here in the Blue Ridge the ability to be able to fly to the side of the window & hover until the gust passes is invaluable. I can usually hear the gusts coming through the trees behind me. It is also very easy to instantly depower the sail without any special movements or thought. The ability to fly backward & slide in any direction allows the kite to be easily positioned anywhere in the window. And they are fast. SHBKF

Good stuff, Dayhiker. The flying sequences I've seen on video, especially the work of Joe H, suggests the 2-4 can be made to fly pretty well. What first attracted me to the 2-4 was how welll it handled light winds. This is a very cool kite, worthy of anyone's attention.

Thanks,

Dave

I actually selected the Power Blast 2-4 as my second Rev thinking that it would have desirable light wind capabilities in addition to it's obvious traits. It does well in lighter winds but the skill to exploit it comes after more experience than I anticipated. When I received the kite I still had not successfully flown my 1.5 SLE. I had only had one brief session of about an hour but knew I was going to persist in my efforts. I did not fly the big kite until I had gotten to the point where I could fly the 1.5 without major brain strain. The call of the Dark Side was strong. Little did I know that it would eventually lead to extensive selection of these fine kites. I continue to flail away.....

Know Eye Deer, SHBKF

• Like 2