Can you change the sail on a EXP?

GoFlyAKite

Question

The sail is the main factor. The EXP uses a different fabric than the higher level kites and is a simpler design to sew. It comes in stock colors. Also, affected is the bridle. If you're looking to change, buy a higher level model. It will have more options for sail layout and colors, better bridle, better fabric, etc.

How do you mean change the sail? All the 1.5 frames are interchangeable among all the 1.5 models, bridles too. You'll notice that other models - B's, NYM, Pros - all offer several different configurations of venting options to change with the winds. The EXP is just a full sail option, not suited to really high wind situations! Still confused by the changing part?

The EXP is the type of kite. You don't change the sail per se. The sail is the kite. You can change the rods (3 wrap, 2 wrap, race rod, green race rods) for conditions, but sails are different fabrics, different sewing patterns(i.e. different panel layout) when we're talking about modifying our kites we're usually talking about changing the rods used in the leading edge and upright, changing the bridle, changing the bungees used to hold the rods on, etc.

Sometimes people will take an old sail and make it into a vented by cutting holes in the ripstop or modify it some other way, but the sails usually stay the same. When the conditions permit, we'll change kites from a standard sail to a mid-vent, full vent,

The types of kites/models are EXP (entry level), B series, B pro, New York Minute, etc. Just look at the products section of the Revolution main page to explain the differences.

• Like 1

You state "Can you change the sail on a EXP?"

Please explain what you want to do such as:

- replace the sail with another sail

- modify the sail in some way

- etc

I would like to change the sail to a vented type. Seeing as I am on the beach and the winds are fairly strong.

Make sure to get a different frame than what you have already in the EXP, if you get a vented. The frame in your EXP is really a 3 wrap, I would get either a 2 wrap for light wind or a 4 wrap for strong. Since you can used them in all the 1.5 size kites, you now have several options depending on the days conditions.

By Ghost, do you mean the all white sails from The Kite Connection? I've seen them in vented forms, a while ago albeit.

If you are after something custom, there are custom printed sails available. They are printed by Los Hermanos brothers. The current spiros and such are printed by them. Talk to a Rev dealer or Rev direct. They will have some great info on getting your business logo printed on a kite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I am thinking. Seeing as it's a piece of promotional material. The "Pole Kites" or whatever they are called that have the mylar and flap in the wind are also tax deductions if you have your business info on them. :)

Masterpiece builders? Can you elaborate?

And yes the all white sail (clear) looking.. looks pretty sweet... :)

On the Rev website, on the LHS click on "our products". Then select "master piece kites". This will give you an idea of their work. Rev would give you the best "who to call" advice with specifics.

I know Baz Poulter and Ron Bohart are pretty good. I've flown their work. Not as cheap as a printed rev but can you really put a price on art...

I have a Ghost SUL with a couple of mods and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The eyes kite has to be my favorite especially since my company name is eyecanshoot. Just a little photography here and there... but man those are gorgeous! I just can't justify 650.00 lol... Not when I haven't even flown my first one yet. I can't find anyone out here to fly with and show me the ropes (strings)

Hopefully we can get together soon (on the New Smyrna Beach) and I'll try to explain the process and show you the different (Rev model) options. But, first, let's get you flying!

BTW ~ I, almost always, use a standard (non-vented) Rev at the beach so you should be just fine!

• Like 1

Hopefully we can get together soon (on the New Smyrna Beach) and I'll try to explain the process and show you the different (Rev model) options. But, first, let's get you flying!

BTW ~ I, almost always, use a standard (non-vented) Rev at the beach so you should be just fine!

Tell me when you are free! =) I need to find lines and handles to get it up and flying but I am all about it. I am free tomorrow and probably the weekend!