Well this was unplanned...

GoFlyAKite

Question

So, I wasn't thinking getting a REV but thought I would look on eBay at trick kites. I have flown dual lines for awhile and not sure if I can handle the whole quad setup. That being said, I found a pink EXP. From the looks of it, it looks to be an original REV lol. Wondering if someone can tell me more about it and if the price is okay that I paid? 100.00 with no lines/handles.

All of that being said, I am in Daytona and wanting to fly this thing possibly tomorrow. Anyone have any handles and line for sale? Prefer longer rather than shorter. Just thought I would ask. :)

Anyone out here fly that can give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance!

post-5916-0-31569600-1424832073_thumb.jpg

15 answers to this question

Hi GoFly, and welcome to the forum and the dark side.

If you can get to New Smyrna Beach, just south of you, you will probably find Colleen Baker (aka Jynx) flying there probably through April. Wisconsin snowbird, probably out on the beach every day. Click on the members tab and send her a PM. She's more than happy to fly, experienced, and can help you make decisions on what to get as far as lines and accessories go. The kite you got looks good at that price, although the photo is small, so I can't see the amount of wear. It will suit your purpose for now. You can also check with her for the location of the nearest kite store where you can get lines and handles, and she can help with basic setup.

I can already see this is going to be bad. LOL.. guess I'm glad I don't have a job right now.

The photo is small. Ill post the eBay link. I am just worried now because of the date of it that the sail or something could be brittle/weak. No handles were included, so those are things I need to purchase today. I would love to have someone helping me out, that would be great. as I can see this is going to be an entirely different experience then the two liners...

Thanks for the response.

Don't worry about the date of the kite, you got a good deal, the rods look brand new the kite looks like it has one little spot on the right side. I have several revs a lot older than that by 15 year, they are in perfect condition, buy some nice lines and handles and you'll fly it for the next 20 years or more.

I have a "REV I" that is over 20 years old. It has not deteriorated.

I have known bungees to deteriorate, but NEVER on a REV.

Sail, end caps, rods, No problem.

The colors is the picture indicate the REV has not seen much sun so you are good there.

Yeah, find Jynx. She will set you straight on all of this.

BTW, the rods are the same size as all REV 1.5s thus you may interchange and try different type of rods.