How many Rev's?

Stone in Shoe Bob

Another few tail question for ya Stephen :) .Other than for effect[look cool]is ther any Advantage haveing tails on a stack..Do they tangle if flown on the inner Revs.

Got a five stack on its way,so would like to fit some tails :)

THANKS V MUCH,

BRIAN...

Another few tail question for ya Stephen :) .Other than for effect[look cool]is ther any Advantage haveing tails on a stack..Do they tangle if flown on the inner Revs.

Got a five stack on its way,so would like to fit some tails :)

THANKS V MUCH,

BRIAN...

I have a few hundreds of hours of experience flying with tails on REVs. I suspect I can give you a good answer.

I fly REV Is with 6 tails of 15 meters long on the REV. The tails are hand made from Icarex.

For a stack, only fly long tails on the last REV. Using long tails on the other REVs will result in the biggest tangled mess you ever saw if you ever stop or fly backwards.

Short tails, shorter then the train lines to the REV behind it, will work with occasional minor tangling.

Is this the answer you need?

For a stack, only fly long tails on the last REV. Using long tails on the other REVs will result in the biggest tangled mess you ever saw if you ever stop or fly backwards. :wub:

Short tails, shorter then the train lines to the REV behind it, will work with occasional minor tangling.

Is this the answer you need?

I agree with John. Classic answer. Long tails along the stack are a big headache but do look good. Our tails are about 100'

There are lots of ways of making the tails, we use hot cut ripstop with no hem. If you have masses of time and no imagination you can sew a hem along the tails or a good tip from a French friend of mine (Alex St John) flourist ribbon is easy and cheap.

We find two tails from the one tow point give a nic dynamic in the sky.

Flight wise it doesn't make too much difference but they fly more Rev like without. We love to fly the trains with tails as it is easier for a non kiteflying audience to understand and see from different points around the arena. Also it allows me to chose some realy cheesy music