Another newbie

kevmort

Hi to all I'm excited to say I now own my first rev an exp 1 it's second hand but in very good condition and came with original bag and the manuals :) and i can't wait to get it out and fly , is it a bad thing that at 45 I feel like a 5 year old on Xmas eve lol :)

• Like 2

Now before you put it in the sky, take the time to equalize the lines! Just check that all 4 lines are the same. not 1 an inch off! use a common stake for one end, attach handles, pull back, and check that everything lines up! If a line is off, shorten it as needed, til all 4 are the same! Hard enough flying as it is, let alone the thing guiding itself!!

Multiple bottom and not tops?? Some do use that to adjust, most use a top adjustment. Set them away from the handles for light wind, close for high wind.

Then make some long leaders for the top and replace those you have!! There are pix on the forum under "Tuning/Setup". Let me see if I can find them.

http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/4409-my-leaders-your-thoughts/#entry73482

Welcome to another UK Rev flier !

The leaders on your handles appear to be somewhat different from the standard that most of us use, here is a link to show what I mean.

http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/4409-my-leaders-your-thoughts/

All you need now is to meet up with another flier in your area.

Bill

It would not be an EXP if it was made in 1995.
The EXP series came out first a few years later in 1998.

The original REV 1.5 does look similar to the first EXP except for the center panel.

To help you determine which one you have, check this out: http://johnnmitchell.com/IntSportKites/rev_history/r1p5.html

Alternatively look up "Revolution Kite History" on Facebook.

• Like 1

The first two pictures are standard REV 1.5s. The curved logo is 1995-96. The newer straight logo is is 1997.
In 1998 the panels changed from 2 to 3 on each side. The REV 1.5 was renamed the REV 1.5 SLE
The last photo is the REV 1.5 EXP which came out in 1998. Notice that the inner panel is smaller.

post-41-0-07349000-1420411293_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-56307500-1420411376_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-26436000-1420411480_thumb.png

Thanks for that I can now see I have an 1998 1.5 exp as the logo panel is smaller with staght edges smile.png

1998 was the first years that panel layout was made. It continued with the same panel layout for the next 8 years through 2006.

The colors of the panels did change through the years thus you can get closer to the real year by reading the following extracted from the Revolution Kite History link I informed you of previously:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The REV 1.5 EXP was introduced. This version was created as an introductory REV 1.5 at a lower price. The REV 1.5 EXP had a similar panel layout to the 1997 REV 1.5 except for the center panel being smaller. It was also made from rip stop nylon versus polyester. The rods for the EXP were 3 wrap. These rods do not have labels.

• Color schemes were:
  • aqua and dark blue panels - center white with black logo
  • dark blue and raspberry panels - center white with black logo
  • In 1999 an additional combination was added:
  • aqua and raspberry panels - center white with black logo
  • In 2001 the colors produced were:
  • raspberry and blue panels - center white with black logo
  • red and black panels - center white with black logo
  • bright-green and blue panels - center white with black logo
  • aqua and gold panels - center white with black logo
  • In 2002 the colors produced were:
  • raspberry and blue panels - center white with black logo
  • red and black panels - center white with black logo
  • raspberry and gold panels - center white with black logo
  • aqua and violet panels - center white with black logo
  • In 2003 the colors added were:
  • red and blue panels - center white with black logo
  • In 2006 the colors added were:
  • aqua and black panels - center white with black logo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I've watched that one about three times come to think of it I've watched all the free ones about 3 times lol , just waiting for the time too sort them out mind you I feel a bit of over time at work coming on as the workshop is long enough to get the lines strung out lol