Which rev would you buy if you had

theone

if you are asking for my advice, then definitely a Shook mesh, ... they have a huge wind range, sufficient to match their price of admission! You are getting a vented kite but without the excess weight of that material. Wanta' talk about "s-m-o-o-t-h" in flight? Oh man, these kites are a dream.

The difference is so noticeable that you may have to get more in different configurations of venting. The primary one to acquire is a 75%, it's will fly down at the mid single-digits comfortably and by switching out the frame from say a Diamond to a green race travel frame you could still enjoy it in winds that were 25 miles per hour higher. It fits nicely in-between the mid-vent and a full vent. Specifically designed for this purpose. The thing is,... it will do both jobs beautifully (but you've paid for that huge wind range too)

The 135% I have flown and enjoyed at a steady 10 mph and you could push this to 35 or 40 easily, again by alternating the frames. I own a 100% and have flown it in 35mph, granted with 4 wraps and an SLE, but it was still great fun, controllable and not in danger of damage.

Cath & Eliot Shook also sell a bunch of alternatives and add-ons, call them to discuss your interests and options. You pick the colors and work with them to design your own creation, you just lift a visa card and wait a bit.

You ARE in this addiction deep enough to leap blindly off the cliff now! You want something different, well it's either end of the extremes, indoors or bigger wind.

I can assure you, every owner loves a Shook Mesh and you are getting all the latest bits of knowledge and care built in. Extra reinforcing patches at high stress or wear areas in the leading edge. A leading sleeve that is built significantly tighter to the frame members. Wear and life extending strips behind the down spars, all these bits are going to add a couple of years (doubling the life expectancy). Go ahead, slam it around, hard abuse is expected. It's crafted from Icarex material by a guy who was a kite flier first, then a kite merchant retailer and finally a master-builder himself.

Have you ever built a kite? Well after you get good at it, you'd look at your purchasing differently. You would have expectations, knowing you could do it yourself better, unless you are working with a truly gifted craftsman. With a Shook Mesh (or one of Bazzer's Pros) you are getting a kite so well constructed that you CAN NOT do it better yourself! The joke is that with a shook mesh,.... "it's the best kite Rev never built" (they do the assembly though)

Obviously an indoor is going to be cheaper, if you have a location, nothing is more rewarding. With that said, the indoor flies WAY different from their other models. Many excellent pilots have had to force themselves to learn its' uniqueness. I never connected with it personally. But I have seen some brilliant performances on this kite, if you have a location to practice.

Pull the trigger and order both a Shook and an Indoor, pay once for freight, get some flying line (Skybond) and some different bridles, try a set of magic sticks,......

you can thank me later, after the bitter taste of int'l economics, tariffs and air freight charges have been long forgotten.

-plm