B-Serie with green race frame

theone

I shot video from this weekend there i was trying out the green race frame in b-serie standard. have to say it seam to bee a very nice frame to fly with, but i need to get some time whit it in better wind condition, it was very poor this weekend, a little rain to, so had to place the camera in a safe areal, so im sorry for the poor angle in the video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYaioR9RWII

• Like 3

light winds call for more flex, so it fills with air quicker, (by distorting the sail and frame into a 3D shape!)

for the lightest conditions I prefer a P-90 or Rev's new diamond frame (each has it's place, rev's stick has a snappy response, the P-90s are "softer".... less responsive immediately) An example? P-90s into a B2 make it an entirely new kite, more responsive, either works well (depending on who you talk to) in the 1.5 platforms and the Diamond frame is a perfect addition to your Zen.

I've only tried P-90s in the 1.5s,... my B2 full sail is laid-up for bigger wind, faster excitement, it has the 3 piece Black Race leading edge. It's a trick monster but can be flown all slow and graceful too!

The Zen? I've flown and basically worn out two models, one with the Zen tubes and one with their Diamonds. The difference is night and day! I have diamond frames in a couple of 1.5s (full sail and a Shook 40%) whereas my friend Paul uses the P-90s (sighting a vast difference in price as justification for that decision)

The green Race frame was crafted because one of Rev's "good customers" kept breaking sticks in the water. Dantonio fixed that problem and we affectionately now refer to those greens as "Rich Race", <LOL!>

well i can see i used the wrong frame for the wind it was about 3-7-8 i think.... i still learning what frame to use then. i though the black race only was only for light wind like 0-3 mph

what order does the rods come in..

Black race

2 wrap

3 wrap

4 wrap

Green race

?????

i wish there some of you pilots around to learn from...

That's the problem for fliers - there isn't a hard copy on what rod to use when! It really is a "feel" thing! Leads to experiment and finding your own preferences! What I like may be terrible to you, what you like may be nothing like what Paul uses (REVflyer)! Partly why so many styles of rod are offered - to find that unique combo of equipment that fits your style and flying "feel"!

Don't be afraid to try any rod, at any time, in any sail - unless just totally inappropriate for the conditions, That way you might find something that works for you!!

PS: I've used black race rods in my midvent at close to 15 mph, they are plenty strong enough! Just watch your LE for excessive bend, that's your real indicator of needing to change frames or sails!!

• Like 2

Tapered Breeze tubes are extremely light weight and delicate, indoors only

P-90s are the next cheap and light weight solution for low wind, indoors

Diamonds, expensive and worth it, low wind or for swirling conditions

2wrap rev sticks

Black Race

P-300 Skyshark tubes

3wrap rev sticks

P-400

Green Race

4wraps

SLE broom-stick

... These are the frames that can go into the leading edge that I'm familar with and carry routinely

• Like 3

The above three masters have taught me much in the past two years of reading their posts. While I don't have the time on the lines or the many variations of frames & sails, I do have their expert help. The journey I'm on will be long and full of kite joy. Many thanks for the thoughtful answers & also thanks to those who post the questions. I am just out here in the sticks flailing away.

Solo Hill Billie Kite Flailer, SHBKF

• Like 1

Today, someone lent me a black race set to play with. (Previously, I had only flown with the black race frame briefly and on an OPK.) When he handed the sticks to me, I was surprised by how light they were. My first reaction was, are these lighter (in weight) than 2 wrap sticks? Based on this, I can see why Heino thought black race was for light wind only, but like others said it is not that fragile. I was surprised because I hadn't heard much about the black race frame being light, just that it responds differently from a 2 or 3 wrap frame. Just goes to show that you may find out more from playing with things yourself than from impressions based on what you have heard/read. Like stroke survivor said, you have to give things a try to see how they feel for you.

In terms of ordering the frames from light to strong wind, there is going to be some (a lot of?) overlap between sticks of different characteristics. For example, 2 wrap < 3 wrap < 4 wrap is obvious, as is black race < green race (and P-90 < P-200 < P-300 < P-400 if you are using SkyShark sticks). But, combining 2/3/4 wrap and black/green race into one ordering is a lot less clear and possibly somewhat based on personal preference or flying style because the frames behave somewhat differently. I know people who think the black race frame will fly in lower winds than the 2 wrap frame. I personally feel the opposite right now.

P.S. The diamond frame is Rev's 0-3 mph or so frame.

• Like 1