B-Series Vented short video

theone

Hello

Revolutions Kites B-Series Vented with 4 wrap frame, in wind around 10-15 mph with some higher blows. but drop almost to zero some times..
I had problems getting sharp turns and load the sail, my guess was the line was to heavy, they are 200# 100 feet. they were some I borrowed from another kite flyer. in only had 90# 65ft in my bag, was no sure they was strong enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdwKvHBOPCI

Hello Heino,

though it might feel like you need heavier line, I never use anything heavier than 90lb lines for the 1.5 sized kites (NYM, B-Series, SLE, etc).

Also, in 10-15 mph with a vented kite, a 3 wrap frame might be easier. They won't break, so it's worth experimenting to see how if flies for you.

The extra flex might help.

Flown my X/V on 120' x 90# lines in 30 mph! Don't think you need much heavier than that unless flying in a hurricane! Might consider getting a set of 50# lines for really light winds and those 90# in several lengths - 120', 75-85', and as those wear out, make some 30' and 50' from the worn set!

Try the 3 wrap!! I find that a 4 wrap is too stiff most times. That little flex you get with the lighter frame is useful, none at all makes the sail do all the work! You mentioned sharp turns, the 4 wrap is so stiff that you have to "work" the kite around the corner. Learning to use the lighter frame's flex will make those corners a lot more snappy!

These are my opinions, try different stuff for yourself and find YOUR feel!! I just know that there is no one perfect setup for all. It takes time to sort out what YOU like or not, and develop a personal setup that works best for you!

Enjoy the journey!!

Isn't easily available here, so can't tell you for sure. It does look like a fishing line, if it is, then the weave is very much different from a specially made kite line!

Here in the USA, you find most using LPG (laser pro gold), or one of 2 Shanti products, (speed or skybond). There used to be others. since gone. These have proven to be the most popular!

Someone I fly with has some Climax line. Not sure if what he has is called Profiline or something else. His line is red/orange. The one you linked to is yellow, so no idea if the same or not. I'm leaning towards not, since he's also mentioned something about that line not being made anymore (or perhaps just the 90# variety not being made?). Whatever it is that he has, he does like it, and he has used it while flying with others using LPG and possibly also Skybond.

I agree with Mark. They might also be able to help you find a source of bulk line.

well i was a the shop today. he would not recommend the climax line for revs. he instead sold me some lines call Cyclone X-Trem. that was he uses then he fly. i got roll with 100m for free to test it. to if i like it or not..

so i making lines to night..

I just watched your video of the flight - you sure could have used the lighter 3 wrap LE in those winds! The LE needs some flex, just monitor it that it doesn't get excessive. Heavy lines probably didn't help either. I noticed you "flipping a wing", most times caused by a little too much with the controls. We call it "over controlling", giving the kite a bit too much input. Try a more gentle approach to holding your handles, learn to "feel" the kite through the lines, and soften up your commands on the sail.

PS: the 3 wrap is a bit lighter in weight and would have helped that full vent perform well in those winds!!

thanks stroke survivor..

i know i did some over control, it did just happen some time, then line to slag and suddenly you got connection to the kite... well next time lighter lines are ready and not afraid to change to a lighter frame. plus got at complete series of pro. only missing the X vented..

• Like 1