Line Equalisation

billbruen

Question

Hi everybody, newbie here..... well, newbie to Revs anyway.

I did search for this topic, but got no results.

I watched a YouTube video on this, but one fact was not mentioned....ie: do all four lines have to be the same length?

Anybody got any novel methods, they'd care to share?

Bill.

6 answers to this question

Hi Bill,

It is said that all four lines should be of equal length but if you get the power pair the same and the brake pair the same then you can get away with an inch or so split between them, any tuning can be carried out on your leaders.

The link to http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/4409-my-leaders-your-thoughts/

shows the method that a lot of people use!

Bill

Hi Bill,

It is said that all four lines should be of equal length but if you get the power pair the same and the brake pair the same then you can get away with an inch or so split between them, any tuning can be carried out on your leaders.

The link to http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/4409-my-leaders-your-thoughts/

shows the method that a lot of people use!

Bill

I make them all equal, that way you can switch the top and bottom lines periodically to equalize the stretching.

Top and bottom stretch out at different rates. Start with all 4 equal lengths, and compensate by shortening the upper ( or lengthening the lower) leaders' lengths if you find the upper lines have stretched a knot's distance worth. It also works very well to flip top and bottom, as mentioned above, if the lengths are noticeably different.

OTOH, top-left to to top-right should be within 1/4 inch or less. Likewise the two bottom lines measured to each other. Always.

• Like 1