You can't knock that smile off my face!

I recently purchased a Rev 1.5.....my first exposure to quad line kiting. The first time out was an unpleasant experience. The kite kept crashing upside down and the lack of consistent wind and a novice pilot caused me to continually run down and flip the kite manually. Add in the temp in the 90s and high humidity and it was a nasty night.

Tonight was the second time out and was much more successful! I read the manual (aka RTFM) and watch the videos. I still landed it upside down quite a few times but now I've learned to flip the kite with the controls. There was much more wind tonight....perhaps too much at times.....but I was able to control the kite and put the brakes on to slow it down.

A much more enjoyable experience!

• Like 1

I can knock that smile off your face, and replace it with a bigger one. Just wait til you get into the Speed Series or the smaller format sails like the B2. You'll grin so wide you could park a semi in it!

p.s. -- join the IKE club forum, it's free just like here and if you get up north sometime post up there and fly with us.

I need to work on my line management a bit too. Seems I still end up with line twists. One of the Youtube videos on line management seems pretty straight forward.

I'll check out the IKE forum too! Thanks!

John's video on line management was a godsend. Just a couple of twists are easy to deal with. His method of winding up line avoids the modified macrame I used to deal with.

I have tried several times to wind up the way John showed us, for me it takes to much time to sort the lines out on setup. So I have reverted back to my original way of doing it, two lines at a time, it works really well for me, no tangles or sorting out.

Straight wrap or figure 8 wrap... I have had 50% success, 50% failure with both methods. By failure I mean the winder stuttering on the payout when unwinding the lines the next time I fly. It's nice when the lines payout cleanly, and only requires one hand to unwind. Maybe I'm winding too tight ?

Right after the first time you spaghetti the only line set you have and it takes you an hour to get the mess undone while the wind is blowing really sweet and dies completely as soon as you're done is the last time you will have that problem simply because you will do whatever it takes to not repeat that lesson.

Back to the topic...,

I do have the same problem...,

Yesterday we had 5 BFT with gust in 6 here, and yes the revolution Suso is by fare the fastest quadkite I ever flew.

Sometimes, the SLE looked like she wanted to crack but she didn't. Thanks for that awesome kite.

:)

So I asked myself, is there someone who has a found or posted a Video, which shows actuall the amazing speed of this kite. I really mean full speed, turns, stops, rotations?

Sorry for bad english, greetz a

I have tried several times to wind up the way John showed us, for me it takes to much time to sort the lines out on setup. So I have reverted back to my original way of doing it, two lines at a time, it works really well for me, no tangles or sorting out.

Been using 2 winders for months. You couldn't pay me enough to switch to one winder.

Back to the topic...,

I do have the same problem...,

Yesterday we had 5 BFT with gust in 6 here, and yes the revolution Suso is by fare the fastest quadkite I ever flew.

Sometimes, the SLE looked like she wanted to crack but she didn't. Thanks for that awesome kite.

smile.png

So I asked myself, is there someone who has a found or posted a Video, which shows actuall the amazing speed of this kite. I really mean full speed, turns, stops, rotations?

Sorry for bad english, greetz a

There are some Revolution Kite promotional videos that show the "Suso" (by the way I really like this contraction) at its best. They are short but very entertaining.