2nd Rev!

SkyDancer

Question

Hi,

I am new to the forums here at Revolution, but have been flying for one and a half years with my faithful EXP. I have been looking into a new Rev since Grand Haven (2014) and was recommended a B series Vented. I found a nice custom, Black Rainbow at Kite Connections and want to get it before the summer is over.

So, I was wondering what you guys thought about a B Series Vented up from an EXP and if I should get a race frame instead of a 4 wrap (a special deal at kite connection) for only one dollar. I was leaning towards the race just because of the location, gusty and most of the time calmer than windier.

I did fly the vented at Grand Haven and it was something else...

13 answers to this question

Hi, and welcome to the Rev forum. I'm in Illinois, NW of Chicago. Definitely go with full vent and race rods and 4-wraps. With this combo of kites and rods, you'll be able to fly in pretty much any kind of wind the Midwest can throw at you.

Mid vent with a race frame is one of my favorites. The full vent is for when the winds are above 10 mph. If you are anywhere near the kite connection then you have a great place to fly. Tell Dave I said hello.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the mid-vent comes with a 3 and 4 wrap frame, still replace the 4 wrap frame with race or keep with the 4 wrap for higher winds?

I actually live in Michigan, they have a website biggrin.png

I wish I lived on the Californian coast!

I'm going to say, go for the full vent, actually that $1 deal sounds like A WIND OF CHANGE offer.

Your EXP has a 3wrap so you already have the 3wrap covered.

A midvent is dialing-in between a standard sail(EXP) and a full vent. If you'll be flying near Lake Michigan I'm sure the winds will kick up often enough for the full vent.

I also started with an EXP. Two years later, I got a full vent B-series. You won't regret that choice. Now I have more kites, but if I had to pick only two, I would pick standard sail and full vent. Gives the widest overall wind range, IMO.

We get plenty of wind in the midwest. I started with the EXP and then bought a full vent. Having both covers most of the wind range and you'll have plenty of chance to use it. I'm just about ready to get a mid-vent for that middle range for when the winds vary so much so I can keep flying. I've been shown that having several kites setup at one time is common around this region.

I think you live near GR. You'll get plenty of use for it at the end of the summer into fall/winter when the winds pick up. I just hope you have enough open land to fly without having to travel over to Grand Haven all the time. Plenty of trees up there.