my fist rev : not got a clue guys help please !

Royboy

Question

Hi everyone

im a new guy here & was flicking through YouTube as we do & came across the revolution kite. I was mesmerised & just had to get one. I didn't do any research & bought a B2 couldn't wait to get it in the air BUT the longest I've had it airborne for is about 15 seconds. I've flew 2 line kites for year's I just can't believe how hard it is to adapt to a quad line. I'm amazed it's still in one piece & I paid nearly £300 for it. Can you guy's help me master it please I so want to be able to fly this kite well. All the best Royboy.

18 answers to this question

Quick tip: don't pull your hands back and forth like you do with a dual. With a quad, it's mostly in the wrist movement.

Tip 2: just to be sure, on Revs, the spars go on the back side of the kite. They are *not* on the same side as the bridal--unlike duals.

Tip 3: make sure all 4 lines are all the same length.

Tip 4: hope someone from the UK pops on here and you can meet up with them. :)

I learned on my own, and so have many others, but it's easier to learn from someone with experience.

• Like 2

Stake one end or hook them to something solid!Then attach the handles and pull reasonably tight. The handles should line up EXACTLY! Adjust as needed to achieve this! A quick field test is to hold the tops of the handles and the bottoms of the handles and see if the kite goes straight up! veering shows something is out of whack!

There are a bunch of active fliers in the UK, I suggest a meet up with some!!

• Like 1

Hi, Roy -- welcome to the dark side.

Just remember to use small inputs. You don't need to yank and spank quite as much as a dualie.

Try to balance it with the top lines, and use small inputs to the bottoms for directional control.

Good luck, good flying and like everyone will tell you, try to meet up with some others.

P.S. -- B2 is small, fast and squirrely. Not the easiest to learn with, but not impossible.

• Like 1

B2 is small, fast, twitchy but a hell of lot of fun to fly. Hope you got the small, 11", handles. That is the length of tube not the distance tip to tip. Small handles moderate your inputs. The other thing would be let out your top lines. This squares up the sail to the wind and will slow it down some what. But it will be more sensitive to reverse inputs, thumbs forward.

I love my B2, but it gets quite a spanking.

Thanks for the info guy's I'll track someone down hopefully who flies revs im in the west midlands uk Staffordshire if there's anyone arround.

Thanks again looks like I'm in for a lot of fun with this B2.

Royboy.

Stake one end or hook them to something solid!Then attach the handles and pull reasonably tight. The handles should line up EXACTLY! Adjust as needed to achieve this! A quick field test is to hold the tops of the handles and the bottoms of the handles and see if the kite goes straight up! veering shows something is out of whack!

There are a bunch of active fliers in the UK, I suggest a meet up with some!!

Hi Roy,

You would be welcome to come down and join us on Dunstable Downs, LU6 2GY, we fly there most Sundays and we are always

willing to give guidance to any kite flyer !

It would be a fairly long journey for you so another option would be to contact the "Great Ouse Kite Flyers" who fly at

Ferry Meadows, Peterborough where I know there are some Rev flyers - www.gokf.co.uk -

This will give you some dates when they meet up - www.kitecalendar.co.uk -

Bill

Just like to thank everyone for there help. Ive checked my lines there all equal so it's down to me know I've took your advice on board & will give it another go when I get a day off work.

All the best & happy flying.

Royboy.

Tons of information on the Quad section of Kitelife too. http://kitelife.com/forum/forum/13-quad-heads/

Here is a book in PDF form that I downloaded that has alot of information too. I put it on my smartphone so I can refer to it anytime.

http://www.gwtwforum.com/pdf/revbook.pdf The book was written years ago but much of the basic info is still relevant.

Thank you CaptainBob for the book. It complements well the JB videos and the LearToFly Exercices found on this site. After my first 3 sessions, I managed to pretty much complete the first two exercises; much to go before reaching exercise 19. Fascinating though how each little progress is very satisfying. Hopefully, the walks of shame will become less frequent with time! I would compare this to golfing; the pros make it look so easy, but when you swing a club for the first time, you realize all the complexity of the activity. Hopefully, time and patience (and all the good hints from you experienced flyers) will bring my skills to an enjoyable level.

• Like 1