Is this a trick?

Robtulloch

G'day all.

I've been flying my Indoor a lot lately and have found that I can consistently get it to stall mid apex of an up and over. Instead of the downward pull to complete the second part, I push up with both hands, sometimes put a little brake on pre-push to help. This takes all the drive and motion out of the kite and stalls it completely. While stalled it stays flat like a pancake and will just float pretty much at the end of the lines until given a command. From this stalled point I can rotate it without more than a foot loss of altitude. The changes of direction in the stalls I have been able to get quite fluid.

I was just wondering is this is a trick, and what it is called?

Thanks

Rob

• Like 1

Stall first, with the kite flat it just floats. As soon as you rotate your thumb/s the kite rotates and slowly falls. A little drive when facing the direction you want and off it goes. I like to stall it then let it float down the way it feels like. Beautiful to watch, then recover and do it again.

I fly mine on 20 foot lines, mostly over tar on the still nights.

• 6 months later...

A stall, a maneuver, a recovery, all intentional. If it is all repeatable, then I would say it is a trick. But maybe that's a dualie viewpoint. If there is no current name used maybe you should name it yourself. Up over to down under or something like that....

• Like 1