oapbillf

Bridle Images

Question

7 answers to this question

Great, sure could have used this yesterday. Had a new SLE that the bridle came from the factory buggered up on the right lower side. Went crazy trying to figure out how it was supposed to look, since both sides were different.The guys at Kitelife forum help me sort it out. These pictures should be pinned.

• Like 1

I am adding a few images to show how a 1.5 bridle is fitted to compliment Watty,s excellent

video on "Bridle Replacement" !

Don,t forget, vertical behind horizontal.

You should be able to print copies if you require to !

Please add more/better images if you have them.

Hopefully a picture is worth a thousand words!

This is my old EXP with rods fitted.

Bill

Well done Bill!

Great images, very concise information. My first Rev did not have the bridle completely attached & I figured it out while on the beach a few Decembers ago. Makes me realize I should go check the kite now to see if I got it right back in the day. But didn't I have the Dark Side guiding me?

early flight,second ever Rev session - expecting to crash but the SLE is tough. Just noticed I had already made knotted leaders.

post-5097-0-16929200-1392077628_thumb.jpg

"There you stood on the edge of your feather, Expecting to fly." Buffalo Springfield

• Like 1

Hi,Thanks for all the info,I will check the Kite out and see if there is any problems, the Kite is brand new,genuine Revolution Kite bought it from Gokites in Wales a reputable Company.

I have check the Lines they are all ok,so now need to check out the Bridle etc on the Kite.

Nigel

I wouldn't be surprised if you found one of the line attachments had tangled around either itself or around the rest of the bridle. Sometimes in our haste to try something new, we miss something very obvious to a practiced eye.

Anyway hope it is just a tangled up leg, there should be little difference in how this kite performs over what you had before!

There is a short line to remember if doing a switch in the field or on a beach: "Little through big, big through little!" . That will help you remember how to join the 2 parts together and get that hinge between the vertical leg and the horizontal leg.

• Like 1