Hello all another newbie :)

Ollie1

Hello All

I'm a newbie to quad kite flying and this site. I was given from a family friend a old quad kite sadly not a rev but got my funds building fast to purchase a 1.5 ( can't wait )

Well I took to the sky's up dustable downs in the week and to say I had lots of faffing about to start with finally got to the point where I could get the sail off the ground and had some good fun but along with a lot of frustrating out of control spins, twisted lines and crashes !!! I'm based in Watford hertfordshire so not far at all from the downs :) is there anyone on here that are frequent flyers there as I would love to hook up one day to watch the basics And to be shown a few tips :) I have watched the vids on YouTube and read loads on here and have found the information very useful..thanks guys/girls :)

I've managed to get it to hover up and then down to a soft landing . The wind was a bit gusty so struggled to hold a hover and mostly struggled to take off with the LE down or up !!! I read pegging the handles is a must so must try that the next time as the sail just seem to blow over or tumble across the grass :(( I know this is going to be a long learning curve and so looking forward to it :)

Thanks again for the posts/info on here to help people out like myself to get off the ground ;)

Any frequent flyers at Dunstable downs please let me know when your there next please if you fancy giving a newbie a few tips .

Regards

Ollie

• Like 1

Hi Ollie,

There are a few of us who fly at Dunstable Downs, usually on Sundays from about 10.00 onwards !

As a newbie you are most welcome to join us and to link up with other newbies, you make three !gathering.gif

I live in Hemel Hempstead and I have been known to fly in Casiobury Park, that must be local to you !

I am not sure if I will be on the Downs this weekend but if the wind is good there will be others, we fly near the Visitor Centre (handy for the toilets) just look out for Revs.

Hope to meet you soonani_victory.gif

Bill

Hello Bill

That sounds brilliant thank you .

Cassiobury park is a stones throw away but not flown there yet.

Please send me a message when your going up to Dunstable and I will join you ;)

Please keep the laughter to a minimum when I get my sail ( hopefully ) in the air :)

Speak very soon

Ollie

Hi Ollie just read your post I newbie to quad kite flying and go up the Dunstable downs. It would be great to meet up some time although I'm not right Person to ask for Help maybe will can help each other

a little. Like yourself I have a quad but not a rev yet.

I've already met some of the other's who have really helped me get started.Can't wait to get out again

Hi Ollie just read your post I newbie to quad kite flying and go up the Dunstable downs. It would be great to meet up some time although I'm not right Person to ask for Help maybe will can help each other

a little. Like yourself I have a quad but not a rev yet.

I've already met some of the other's who have really helped me get started.Can't wait to get out again

You can help a lot more than you realise. Just being there for each other is such a huge help. Someone to learn with is as good as someone to learn from.

Welcome both of you.

Watch out, cause Revs will change your life...

• Like 1

You can help a lot more than you realise. Just being there for each other is such a huge help. Someone to learn with is as good as someone to

Welcome both of you.

Watch out, cause Revs will change your life...

Thanks sparkyRob and Beach ;)